Pine Mountain State Resort Park
Econo Lodge(Corbin)
US$70
US$108
US$72
All reviewscumberland gaphiking trailsbeautiful parkbedroom cabincatfishlincoln memoriallaminate floorsdaniel boonebalcony overlookingthe cottageslove seatget away from it allgas fireplaceminiature golfsleeper sofastate resort parkscreen door
Reviewed 7 October 2009

My fiancee and I will be having our wedding at Pine Mountain in October '09. We can't wait. This place absolutely floored me when I went to visit for the first time. I am extremely difficult to impress, but they more than surpassed all of my extremely high expectations for my wedding. The park's website does NOT do the place justice. The people are unbelievably friendly, the food is pretty good, but the views will absolutely floor you. We are staying in mulitple lodge rooms, 2 bedroom cabins, and 1 bedroom cabins. The facilities are top notch - way more than you would EVER expect from a public park. My fiancee and I will be staying in one of the ADORABLE rustic (but not TOO rustic) 1 bedroom cabins on the night of our wedding. Talk about romantic! Do NOT miss this one.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank RebeccaBKing
Reviewed 6 March 2009

Every year we trek to Kentucky/Tennessee to do a weekend golf trip. Though we'd played Waisito Winds and found it to be very decent, I never really looked into the stay and play package at the park. I'm glad I did this time and will make this a regular stop. The cottage had a well-kept "newer" appearance, but a quaint knotty-pine cottagey feel. Really very charming. The service was typical of Kentucky, in a word, gracious. No matter where we go in this beautiful state, the people at the golf courses and hotels seem to down-to-earth and interested in making sure everything is alright.

Frankly stated, I'm very picky and easily disappointed. I deal with less than ideal accomodations and service, but then never go back. It'd be foolish for me not to go back to this facility. Now mind you, we were rained out of golf on the second day, but the views, the cottage, the family priced food in the restaurant, and the people serving us make this a no brainer. I'd like to keep it a secret and be sure they're always be room when we go, but I'll be honest for the sake of my fellow tripadvisors.

PS--Though it was closed because we went in February, this place has a great pool for kids, a lighted putt-putt golf course, and a view from the restaurant of the mountain valley below that is spectacular.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MichiganPicks
Reviewed 1 December 2008

We were there from 11/28/08 - 11/30/08 for a golf trip.

We stayed in 2 bedroom cabin and absolutely loved it.

The lodge staff could not have been nicer.

Golf course was fantastic.

Temperatures were around 50 degrees all 3 days.

Can't wait to go back in June.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2008

We spent two days in one of the two bedroom cabins at the resort. The cabins were clean and quiet. Our kids enjoyed the pool (although it is unheated so it was a little cold) and the playground right by our cabin. Great hikes including some that were easy for our four year old. We saw a turtle on one of the hikes which made our kids' day. The dinner buffet is not fancy(some of the food was cold) and is overpriced. We ended up cooking our meals at the cabin which worked out great. The kitchen is small but had a full size refrigerator and everything we needed. We spent a day at Cumberland Gap (more hiking and great views) and it was an easy drive.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank 3TravelKids
Reviewed 1 October 2007

I've been all over the United States and Canada, and there are few, if any, places lovlier, more comfortable, and more accomodating than Pine Mt. State Park, Pineville, Ky. The entire area is unsurpassed in beauty at any time of year. Autumn is grand. The lodge at the state park is home-like, modern with a country touch, CLEAN, and the staff is excellent. The mountains are deep and still and there is an ambiance that will envelope you and hold you to its Kentucky heart. The people in Pineville and MIddlesboro are kind and efficient, and at Cumberland Gap you will experience the scenery of your dreams. Go there. Leave nothing but a piece of your soul to come back to. The hills are eternal and will wait for you. There's not much better, anywhere on this earth.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank afrector