“Home Away from Home: Cabins”

Pine Mountain State Resort Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pineville
Reviewed 8 November 2009

After going "home" for over 30 years now ... several years ago we finally found Pine Mountain Cabins. Oh, the time we missed out on such a beautiful (and reasonable) Cabin. Back then I had thought that the cabin prices would be beyond our means ... boy was I suprised that for a few dollars more we could enjoy a two bedroom, two bath cabin with full kitchen amneties -- and a gorgeous deck to enjoy the serenity of nature. Traveling with teens -- did I mention that there are three televisions? ha. Oh, there's NO place like home!!

Pine Mtn Lodge has maintained exceptional professionalism, cleanliness, amneties, location, location, location and I can not begin to rave about the staff's kindness and efficiency enough.

When people travel to Pineville, Middlesboro and the general Cumberland Gap area ... please do yourself a favor and inquire about Pine Mountains Cabins before making hotel reservations elsewhere. You will be thrilled - we guarantee it.

This time, we only got to stay a few nights and the first (newer) cabin's heating was having a problem. Maintenance was at our door in less than 10 minutes -- then upon his report -- the front desk and cleaning staff went above and beyond to prepare another cabin for us to move into. We completely enjoyed the rest of our stay while being visited by 3 deer. Then upon checkout, without even asking, the front desk gave us a nice discount for any inconvenience we may have encountered in moving 3 cabins away. What a pleasure to encounter such courtesy.

We wouldn't stay anywhere else in the tri-state area. Their lodge dining is remarkable and again, you couldn't ask for a prettier, cleaner place with nicer people. After all these years -- their record stands. +A.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank KimRenee

Reviewed 7 October 2009

My fiancee and I will be having our wedding at Pine Mountain in October '09. We can't wait. This place absolutely floored me when I went to visit for the first time. I am extremely difficult to impress, but they more than surpassed all of my extremely high expectations for my wedding. The park's website does NOT do the place justice. The people are unbelievably friendly, the food is pretty good, but the views will absolutely floor you. We are staying in mulitple lodge rooms, 2 bedroom cabins, and 1 bedroom cabins. The facilities are top notch - way more than you would EVER expect from a public park. My fiancee and I will be staying in one of the ADORABLE rustic (but not TOO rustic) 1 bedroom cabins on the night of our wedding. Talk about romantic! Do NOT miss this one.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank RebeccaBKing
Reviewed 6 March 2009

Every year we trek to Kentucky/Tennessee to do a weekend golf trip. Though we'd played Waisito Winds and found it to be very decent, I never really looked into the stay and play package at the park. I'm glad I did this time and will make this a regular stop. The cottage had a well-kept "newer" appearance, but a quaint knotty-pine cottagey feel. Really very charming. The service was typical of Kentucky, in a word, gracious. No matter where we go in this beautiful state, the people at the golf courses and hotels seem to down-to-earth and interested in making sure everything is alright.

Frankly stated, I'm very picky and easily disappointed. I deal with less than ideal accomodations and service, but then never go back. It'd be foolish for me not to go back to this facility. Now mind you, we were rained out of golf on the second day, but the views, the cottage, the family priced food in the restaurant, and the people serving us make this a no brainer. I'd like to keep it a secret and be sure they're always be room when we go, but I'll be honest for the sake of my fellow tripadvisors.

PS--Though it was closed because we went in February, this place has a great pool for kids, a lighted putt-putt golf course, and a view from the restaurant of the mountain valley below that is spectacular.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MichiganPicks
Reviewed 1 December 2008

We were there from 11/28/08 - 11/30/08 for a golf trip.

We stayed in 2 bedroom cabin and absolutely loved it.

The lodge staff could not have been nicer.

Golf course was fantastic.

Temperatures were around 50 degrees all 3 days.

Can't wait to go back in June.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 8 August 2008

We spent two days in one of the two bedroom cabins at the resort. The cabins were clean and quiet. Our kids enjoyed the pool (although it is unheated so it was a little cold) and the playground right by our cabin. Great hikes including some that were easy for our four year old. We saw a turtle on one of the hikes which made our kids' day. The dinner buffet is not fancy(some of the food was cold) and is overpriced. We ended up cooking our meals at the cabin which worked out great. The kitchen is small but had a full size refrigerator and everything we needed. We spent a day at Cumberland Gap (more hiking and great views) and it was an easy drive.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank 3TravelKids
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
12.9 km away
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
#1 of 4 in Williamsburg
13.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro

Been to Pine Mountain State Resort Park? Share your experiences!