“Breakfast Buffet is really good”
Review of Kingfish Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kingfish Grill
Ranked #493 of 1,080 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Description: The signature dining venue is a full-service, distinctive restaurant specializing in exceptional steaks and seafood in a comfortable setting and style fit for Huey Long himself. Restaurant closes briefly between 2:00pm - 5:30pm daily, but re-opens for our equisite dinner experience. You can also sip on a refreshing martini or other cocktail in our Kingfish Lounge, open daily from 11:00 am - 2:00
Reviewed 24 December 2017

We were here prior to a football game right after Thanksgiving, and I was surprised how busy the place was, and everything around it was closed for the holiday.

We ate breakfast here, and they served a selection of fruits, cereals, yogurts, fresh baked breakfast bread and pastries, hot dishes, juices, coffee, and tea. They even had made-to-order eggs and omelets, French toast, and pancakes

The staff was great and I loved it that they brought a carafe of each coffee (Regular & Decafe) to the table and just left them. They stayed very hot during our time there.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Any restaurant that includes fried shrimp and catfish with crawfish pies on a bed of french fries on the menu at dinner is not fine dining. The menu is extremely limited, especially if you are trying to avoid fried foods and foods drenched in heavy cream sauces, and don't want blackened or highly spicy food. Most of the dishes are typical of the "Cajun" restaurants that are ubiquitous in Louisiana. It's not a good sign when only a half-dozen tables are filled at a hotel restaurant at 7:00 in the evening.

For starter, I had the French Onion soup and it was rich and flavorful, with beautifully caramelized onions. The cheese was not broiled enough for my taste, but was thoroughly melted. My husband had the shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were well cooked.

For the main, I had the Redfish Rouge, which is described as "topped with shrimp and crawfish supreme sauce over a bed of linguini pasta." I expected a fillet topped with maybe 1/4-1/2 cup of shrimp and crawfish in a few tablespoons of sauce, all on a bed of plain pasta, maybe tossed with a bit of olive oil. What I got can best be described as "swimming in shrimp and crawfish supreme sauce over a bed of linguini which is also drowning in cream sauce." The sauce came close to dripping off the plate. It clearly had been dumped on top from a large size ladle. The fish, shrimp and crawfish were perfectly cooked. I picked the seafood out of the sauce and left the pasta.

My husband had the steak, and is still raving about it.

We were both quite full, so skipped dessert. Choices were all heavy -- cheesecake, bananas Foster bread pudding, chocolate mousse cake -- except for plain vanilla ice cream. If they'd offered real bananas Foster over vanilla ice cream, we might have split one, but neither of us wanted banana bread pudding with praline sauce.

The breakfast buffet is adequate and pretty typical. Service at both meals was slow, due to lack of adequate staff.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Wandered down from my hotel room for the breakfast buffet. Fair price and great selections, including applewood smoked bacon, sausage, home fries, fruits, oatmeal, breads and rolls, as well as cooked to order omelettes or eggs - included juices and coffee. Hard to find a better breakfast value. Staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. Wish that I had the opportunity to try them for lunch or supper, but had other engagements.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Most of our group ate at the Kingfish Grill once a day. The staff was always smiling and willing to help with whatever our needs were

Reviewed 31 October 2016

The sign said to wait to be seated; unfortunately, for both lunch and dinner, my co-workers and I stood at the entrance for at least 5 minutes before being acknowledged. Once seated, the staff was attentive and the food was delicious and reasonably priced,