“The Captain's Platter”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2018

This platter is so plentiful of yummy fried oysters, shrimp, fish, soft shell crab. craw puppies, fries, hush puppies. My fave is the soft shell crab. Cup of gumbo is good compliment to an already flavorful feast!

1  Thank 808Sunshine

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Meh. Had the chargrilled oysters. They we’re overcooked and burnt and all the butter was dumped out of all the shells. Had the Oysters Rockerfeller soup. It was a thick glop of cream of celery soup with no oyster flavor. I was burping it up all day. Wife had sampler platter of re beans & rice with a sausage and cup of chicken gumbo. It really was nothing special at all.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Go to ACME! These oysters are some of the best in the world - and I’ve been all over the world. Nice staff, oyster house atmosphere and most importantly, outstanding oysters! I’ll add this; it’s been consistent too! Every time I go, the same great quality oysters.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Best seafood in Baton Rouge. The grilled oysters are the absolute best. Easy access off I-10 at Acadian Thruway.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

The 3 of us had different dishes. I had salmon and boom boom shrimp. The shrimp was excellent. Some of the best I have ever had. The salmon wasn't the best and a little disappointing. Sent it back a couple of times to get the right wellness and seasoning. Ate there 2.5 years ago and it was a great experience.