“Perfect New Year's Eve Dining!”
Review of Stroubes Chophouse

Stroubes Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Stroubes Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,120 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Blvd
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Great dining experience! This was our first time visiting this restaurant, and seeing that it was New Year's Eve..... We had very high expectations! We were greeted by an exceptionally friendly, professional Host & Hostess upon arrival, and that's always a great start! We immediately noticed the ambience in the restaurant, very relaxing, inviting, and lively, yet we could engage in conversation without having to raise our voices or strain to hear each other. Our entire meal was absolute perfection, and our expectations were definitely exceeded! The only reason we can't give them 5 stars, is while the service was exceptional in terms of the server explaining the specials, friendliness, great advice as far as assisting us on selecting from the menu...there were a few issues: We ordered appetizers which were completely forgotten and only noticed when we brought it up because our entree was being served, and we were still waiting for appetizers which we had taken great care in ordering! My husband asked for another cocktail (when the service is top-notch, one doesn't have to ASK for another cocktail) and that was forgotten as well. When dessert was ordered to go... That never arrived, a second request was made. Although these issues did not diminish our experience overall, we can't honestly say that the experience was perfect as far as the service.

1  Thank texandstef

Reviewed 19 December 2017

What sets Stroubes apart from other exceptional restaurants isn't their phenomenal menu of some of the best dishes you'll ever experience, it's not even the meticulous plating that they painstakingly assemble. If it's anything that sets this fine dining establishment apart is it's staff.
What perfectly prepared, expertly plated and delicious meal, and topped off by a warm, friendly and professional staff.
You can't do Baton Rouge without a little Stroubes (Stru-bees).

Reviewed 15 December 2017

From the moment I entered this establishment located downtown Baton Rouge, I sensed that I was in for something special. I was right. My attendee Trey patiently walked me through the extensive menu along with the wine list. I opted for the charred redfish excellently paired with a Trey recommended chardonnay. Everything was incredible including the service. A bit pricey, but not over the top.
I'm going back next time I'm in Baton Rouge!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

A group of colleagues and customers (including me!) went to Stroube's during a recent trip to Baton Rouge, and we were certainly not disappointed. The calimari app was fantastic. I had the 6 oz. filet and a caesar salad for dinner. The filet was done perfectly as I asked, and had very good flavor. The highlight of the night may have been the bread pudding, which was so delicious. I am glad I somehow had room for it. Service was outstanding, the wine was good and flowing, and all of us had a good time and a great meal.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

HOME RUN! My wife & I could NOT have had a better evening and dining experience if we scripted it! We arrived a tad early for our reservation (which I recommend) and we were seated very pleasantly and promptly. Our waiter arrived and took our drink order and returned very quickly with water then our drinks. He then explained the evening off-menu specials. We ordered appetizers - Lamb Chop Lollipops and a cup of the Corn, Crab & Brie Bisque (to die for!!). My wife absolutely went 'ga ga' over the lamb and totally loved the bisque labelling it the best she has eaten. We ordered our dinner and enjoyed our drinks and appetizers. Our filet steaks were prepared perfectly and I had the Gouda Grits and my wife had the Garlic & Mascarpone Cheese Whipped Potatoes and we were both blown away by everything. Our evening was absolutely perfect from stem to stern and we will definitely be back My wife called Stroube's one of her 2-3 Favorite places to eat!

Been to Stroubes Chophouse? Share your experiences!