Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge(Baton Rouge)
US$100
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$80
US$60
All reviewssleep numberlaminate floorsfront deskbeds were very comfortablelsu football gamevushowerinterstatebatonfilouisianaconvention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed here in June with a group. We found the front desk to be very efficient at a quick but welcoming & pain free check-in.
The rooms & hall on the 4th floor had not been fully renovated when we visitied. The room was a little dark and there was an old wood bench in our room. Otherwise we enjoyed the hotel and used almost every amenity including pool, bar, breakfast restaurant, lobby computers and work-out room.

Room Tip: ask for room away from highway
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I travel to Baton Rouge on a regular basis, have stayed everywhere and now always and only choose to stay here. First, the hotel checks all the required boxes for travel comfort - great beds, clean rooms, nice amenities, easy parking, a bar that serves great food and drink, a basic workout room and outdoor pool and hot tub - this hotel delivers on all of these not-always-available elements and does so at a great price. This value proposition alone should make you check this hotel out.

But there is more to it, many things that make this hotel more like an upscale boutique hotel. For starters, the property was renovated a few years ago and looks quirky from the outside in an art deco motif. Interesting for sure, and very cool to me. Then, when you walk into the lobby, the lighting and design elements let you know "this is not a Holiday Inn/Hampton Inn/whatever else you might get at this price. Overall, the design elements and comfortable open lobby and bar welcome you into a new and great place to stay. A quick word about the bar - it's great because of its prime people-watching location and the bar service. The head bartender, Huy, is a friendly and extremely affable host - he makes everyone feel like a regular. Other "boutiquey" elements include sleep number beds, great linens, and cool showers with multiple heads and settings.

Finally, for me, the tipping factor is the team at the hotel. The front desk makes check-in a breeze, has great info about the area, and addresses any request with a smile. Alex and Robert are particular standouts - Alex because she always has a witty thought or two, and Robert for his prompt and polite response to even the strangest of requests. And don't forget Richard, the night auditor - he keeps the ship on track round the clock. I know I've missed a few names here, but the short version is that this team, top to bottom, makes the difference.

This hotel has a great formula working - give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a bed opposite the highway side - not a big deal, but definitely better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thanks for sharing such a detailed review of our property and employees! The employees are more motivated each time a positive comment is made about their "Yes I Can" attitudes and "Above and Beyond" customer service style. We are so appreciative of guests like you that take the time to share a great experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I made a reservation through the carlson reservation service and was disappointed with this hotel. My family has 5 members and requested a double queen bed with a roll away. When I arrive to check in I am told they are not able to accomodate my reservation as they do not have a roll away. I said I guess I can start looking for another hotel and they said I would have to pay the cancelation fee or rent another room. They said they tried to contact me and left voicemails before my arrival but I never recieved a call or voicemail from anyone about a potential issue. The asst manager on duty was not help, blonde/british guy that did not care about the situation other then charging for a second room. So now I have just doubled my hotel bill and have my family split between 2 rooms/floors. If I was notified before my trip that they could not accomodate me I would have made arrangements with another hotel chain. The lobby is the best part of this location. The hallway to the room on the second floor is dirty and the carpet has bumps in it and is a tripping hazard. The room information said there is a sleep number bed in the room, not in mine. The finish in the room is poor and the furniture is from the 80's. The second room we had to rent was just as bad, neds squeeked everytime you moved and the tv would cut out everyfew minutes. Do not order the pancakes in the bristo 225, they will come out under cooked and looking just all sorts of wrong. You should avoid this hotel as it is run down and the staff is not helpful at all.

Room Tip: avoid this place
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason P
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Jason P., we are appreciative of your business and have begun to investigate your incident. We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. Unexpected changes during check-in can be exhausting and we understand. Unfortunately, our attempts to reach you prior to arrival were unsuccessful; you may have been traveling at that time. In effort to ensure complete customer satisfaction, I would like to discuss the matter further. Please contact me at your convenience.

Jason Areng
225.236.4000 ext. 103.
jason.areng@cajunlodging.com

Reviewed 17 June 2012

A decent property although tired, request one of the top floors as they are more refurbished. Definitely choose to be on the opposite side of the interstate unless you find that soothing. I do not so all in all good stay and location when doing business in this area. Clean room and comfy bed. So no real issues. All in all just ok based on the price point. The restaurant is horrible.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Biztravler1127
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thanks for taking an opportunity to post a positive response regarding your stay. We are delighted we were able to produce a "beyond expectations" experience for you. Our quirky style definitely resonates an outstanding exterior with a delightful interior. Thanks for walking through our doors and allowing us a chance to accommodate you. We look forward to your next visit to Baton Rouge.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I just checked out of the Radisson this morning. I am a very freuqent business traveler- over 200 nights/year. I am a Carlson Gold member and tried this hotel due to the latest promotion. I am very glad that I did. This was one of the best stays that I've had in the last few years. I was a bit surprised because the outside of the hotel was nothing special- in fact it looked more like a cheap motel that was right next to the highway. Then I walked in and saw the lobby- which was OK but nothing great. So I was thinking it was going to be bad. But then I went to the 4th floor and opened the door to one of the executive suites. I found it to be very spacious, modern, well appointed, and most importantly- clean! The room also had hardwood floors and a very modern shower. And if you are concerned about highway noise, you do not have to worry. My room was facing the highway and I never once heard any of the traffic, as this place is very well insulated. I can also say that the hotel staff were all very pleasant and went above and beyond the norm to ensure I had a great stay. Breakfast was very good and I had no issues with the wireless internet. So it was a very positive experience, and I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business