“average mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2016

this was "okay" Mexican food. my daughter and I shared the ultimate nachos and they were definitely nothing to brag about

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I found this is the best place for Mexican food in Baton Rouge. They have some of the freshest chips and salsa. Servers were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

We ate here around 9 pm it wasn't crowded which was awesome, nice atmosphere. Our waitress was very kind and informative. The drinks are really good. I had a frozen margaritas which was one of the best I've had. The salsa was one of the best I've ever had as well. Ask for the green salsa... DELISH!! However, my main meal, I wasn't so crazy about. I ordered the shrimp and grits. The shrimp were good but the grits not so much. It was corn grits with cheese and it didn't taste good to me. I will return again to try something different. The only other negative thing was around maybe 10 20 a young man who worked there walked pass our table and said "first door to your right" At first we were puzzled but then realized he was telling us to leave!! How rude!! but we paid him no mind. It was just ok to me, the drinks and salsa are the reasons I will return.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Came in one day for lunch as it was across the street from my hotel. Was seated immediately in the bar area by a nice hostess and was impressed with our server. He immediately told us it was Margarita Day a all margaritas were 2 for 1. Ordered the Coyote Spinach Salad with grilled chicken and 2 margaritas. Everything was excellent - one of the best salads ever and great margaritas! Came back the next day with 5 others for a team lunch. Again, both service and food was excellent. This time I ordered the chicken and steak combo lunch fajitas and a top shelf margarita. Yummy, yummy! Everyone at the table was very pleased with the food. Also, very reasonable prices. Would definitely go back - good food, good service, good atmosphere! Loved it!

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Should have gone with my gut when the hostess was hanging out with 3 friends and had to break away from the, to seat us. It was 9:30 PM but being a college town we assumed that would be the norm. After 5 minutes or so- the waiter finally arrived, asked for out drink order- we ordered a beer and drink for my daughter. Ten minutes later- we were assured the beers would be right out. Fifteen minutes later- I asked again- to be told the bartender had to handle a to-go order. I get it- its late and staff has been thinned out- but how long could it take to pop the top off a beer bottle and sit it on the bar for the waiter? Food was over priced for what we received, Fajita Chicken was probably a frozen Tyson product. Beans horrible. Next time -I'll go to Taco Bell and save $40.