“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of The Little Village

The Little Village
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,084 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St.
Transit: City buses operate nearby for a nominal fee as well as a free downtown trolley system with stops nearby. Ask your hotel concierge for the best available transit option depending on your starting location and time of arrival/departure.
Description: A modern take on the original Village restaurant (established in 1947), our reputation is for serving Baton Rouge’s finest Italian, Prime Beef, Maine Lobster, Veal and fresh Gulf seafood. The Downtown location features daily specials, a full bar and can accommodate private parties for up to fifty. We also have space for up to 15 guests in our bar area where dinner is also served.
Reviewed 2 January 2016

Excellent service, food was five star. Wait staff was very helpful in suggesting wine for dinner. Overall was a great experience.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Nice ambiance, good food, excellent service. Had the shrimp scampi and the stuffed redfish, both very good.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

My co-worker and I went here after being told that the bread is amazing, so we splurged and went there for dinner. He got chicken alfredo and said it was pretty good. I order the Louisiana seafood pasta and it was bland and flavorless. Even the seafood had very little flavor. I picked through the pasta and ate only the seafood since the waiter never came to check on us after serving us the food. When he finally did I told him that I didn't care for it and he never offered to take all or part of it off of my bill or anything, which is lame. I will definitely not return.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

We didn't have reservations but since we were a bit early, we were able to get a table for 3. The bread is deservedly famous!! I wasn't too adventurous - but their lasagna was decadently rich and flavorful. The other folks I was with had clams with linguini and Italian sausage with spaghetti - the plates all got emptied and the bread disappear. Excellent and very attentive service. The only downside is that the lasagna took a while - not exactly fast food.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Love this restaurant! Great chicken picatta and wonderful meatballs and Italian sausage. Their bread with parmesan cheese and the roasted garlic is the best anywhere. Great service and great wine too!