“Lunch”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Sammy’s Grill has always been a great choice for lunch. Lots of food and great sweet tea! One of the best burgers in town

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This restaurant features an easy to enjoy atmosphere and a menu that is sure to please adults and kids alike. From specialty dishes to the ones always requested, there is something for everyone. The staff are very friendly and large groups are not a problem. I particularly like the seafood but my family likes the poboys and specials of the day as well.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Great place to meet, eat and drink...crawfish are the bomb....if your in a hurry, you might want to go someplace else as this is not a FAST FOOD joint. Quality takes time...deal with it...

1  Thank Claude F
Reviewed 21 January 2018

My husband and I love going to Sammy's Grill. This restaurant has such a wide variety of foods on its menu. Also, they offer a lunch menu all day for diners who want smaller portions. Sammy's offers daily specials, but I just can't pass up their fried catfish. I think it is the best in Baton Rouge. The house dressing is so good, and it is sold by the bottle for those of us who can't get enough of its wonderful flavor. The only thing that lacks at Sammy's is "real butter". Come on, offer you guests the real thing. Service is very good and friendly at both locations. You never have to wait too long for your food, I've been there with a large group and with just a friend and found that service is consistent.

1  Thank Z180AMkarenc
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This was the first place we ate due to the great reviews. Was kinda disappointed. We are not from the area. I ordered the crawfish dinner. Was looking forward from some great boiled crawfish. The menu did not have an option for boiled or fried. Everyone around us had boiled so I did not ask. We ordered the crawfish dinner and got fried crawfish. It had no taste and for the three of us it was $80. We did get alligator for appetizer and it was the best iv ever eaten. I did return the next night and got the 3 pounds of boiled crawfish to carry out. They were good but Tony's was much better. Sammy's crawfish had several that were crushed and overcooked. Probably wont return on our next trip.