“Great food”
Review of Jambalaya Shoppe

Jambalaya Shoppe
Ranked #279 of 1,084 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The food and service were great. The roux for the gumbo was spot on. My husband said the potato salad was just like his grandma used to make- a real treat - delicious!! Several of our guests tried the shrimp jambalaya and raved about it. It’s located close to the capitol building as well- great part of our visit to Baton Rouge.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The Jambalaya Shoppe is a great place to grab a taste of the Cajun life here in Louisiana. The shoppe has different items to serve their customers and I love it all. If we have a group coming in for a visit all we do is order a large family order and treat our guest to some of the best Baton Rouge has to offer.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

I had my very first jambalaya at this location. I asked the employee Liz for something very typical of the area and that's what she suggested. She pointed out a very yummy combination that some customers had ( which by the way was her fave as well) "gumbolaya" but I was not quite ready to mix two new tastes yet. Liz was very helpful with every question, extremely patient and friendly. This place was suggested by a young lady that works a small souvenir shop at the red stick farmers market nearby
(who by the way also had the best home made tortilla chips I've ever had ).

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Their catfish and jambalaya lunches can't be beat. They serve great food at a great price and their service is terrific.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Loved the jambalaya! The gumbo is good too, and everything seems to be from old family cajun recipes.