“Great service”

Poor Boy Lloyd's
Ranked #16 of 1,098 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This is a little hole in the wall type of place, nothing fancy. Service was top notch. Friendly, welcoming greeting when we walked in. Our waitress was excellent. Separate checks for 4 couples wasn't a problem. The food was good too. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Jody B

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to Poor Boy Lloyd’s. I had the fried shrimp po-boy and fries. I thought it was pretty average. Everything was cooked properly but just didn’t have a lot of flavor. The service was great and there is definitely a sense of nostalgia in the restaurant.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We happened upon this place while driving around downtown. There is a large parking lot next door which you have to pay to park. It was not crowded when we went for a late lunch. It is not a fancy place. You place your order at the counter and the wait staff brings it to your table. I had the shrimp po-boy with red beans. the po-boy was ok. The red beans were very good. My sister had the seafood platter which she said was good. The food came out quickly. The staff was friendly.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Last week my wife and son where on a day trip with a rental car from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. We passed by this restaurant and stopped for lunch.

I had the typical bow of boyou soup and a shrimp Poor Boy, my wife had shrimps and my son a spaghetti with meatball, everything was great and some coke zero.

Not a fancy place but EXCELLENT food at a (for us) surprising low (we paid less then 45usd for 3 persons having lunch.

If I am in the neighbourhoud one day I certainly go back.Parking just next door. Very easy and good!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Looking for a good lunch from the South and someone from there recommended that place. It was really good, the place looks old but super cute and people are really friendly.