“Birthday dinner”

Ranked #3 of 1,092 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Price range: US$23 - US$70
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant opened in Destin, Florida in 1984. After 14 years the owners sold the restaurant and returned to their home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. On January 1st 2003 Louisiana Lagniappe opened in its present location at 9990 Perkins Road in Baton Rouge. In addition to the old-time favorites Seafood Gumbo and Corn and Crab Bisque we serve many different all house made gumbos, soups and bisques including, Roasted Red Pepper and Jumbo Lump Crab, Duck and Andouille Gumbo, Shrimp and Artichoke, Crab and Brie, Southwestern Seafood Bisque, Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic with Jumbo Lump Crab and Lobster Bisque to name a few. The Eggplant and Jumbo Lump Crab, Barbeque Shrimp, Marinated Blue Crab Claws and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes are a few of the original appetizers from our Destin days that are still favorites to this day. In addition, we offer many new appetizers including house made Boudin Balls, Chipotle Shrimp, Tuna Tataki, Crawfish Wontons, Jumbo Lump Crab and Shrimp Spring Rolls with Ponzu Dipping Sauce, Applewood Smoked Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Habanero Pomegranate Dipping Sauce, Fried Green Tomatoes with Creole Shrimp Velouté and Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Caribbean Dipping Sauce. Louisiana Lagniappe specializes in Fresh seafood and steaks. We serve fresh Louisiana crawfish dishes only when in season, never frozen or imported. We serve many of our longtime favorite entrées Fish en Papillote, Softshell Crab Pontchartrain, Fish Louisianne and Oysters Lagniappe as well as many new specials that are unique to the Baton Rouge location. Kurobuta Pork Chops with Chipotle Glaze, Seafood Lasagna, Joyce Farms Chicken Florentine, American Red Snapper Fish Tacos with chili lime slaw, roasted corn and cilantro pesto, Smoked Gouda Grits and Grillades of Beef Tenderloin. Our desserts include our house made Key Lime Pie, Crème Brulee, Pecan Pie, Traditional Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce, Hot and Gooey Baked Cookie, Blueberry Bread Pudding with Navan Vanilla Cognac Sauce, Bananas Foster Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream, Chocolate Sin Cake and Apple Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream and Pecan Crumbles.
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We came for my birthday and had a delightful dinner! I had the louisiane... fresh pan fried fish topped with butter sauce and lump crab meat. Oh so yummy!!!
I don’t remember what my hubby got but he loved his too. It was such a great time. And we had a scratch off for the promotion they were doing around the holidays and got $20 off our meal!

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I’ll start by saying Louisiana Lagniappe has phenomenal food. There’s no doubt on that. If you’ve tried the Destin location, you’d know that as well. And while the food was great on our first trip to the BR location, the service unfortunately left us with a 2-3 star experience. When the customer has to get up from the table to try and flag down the waitress just to get a refill that was already promised and way overdue, that’s not good. When the waitress doesn’t even check to see how we liked the food until we had finished it, that’s also not good. When the waitress took 10-15 minutes between even checking on the table, that’s just not good. Now, in fairness, I got another employee to refill my drink to which he apologized. That made me wonder if it was indeed partially his responsibility to look after the tables in that room so it may not all be the waitress’ fault. The bottom line is the service wasn’t good and I can’t help but wonder if it was due to us being seated in a back corner cutout of a room. My advice and the advice I’ll be using if we ever give the BR location another chance, be careful where they seat you and REFUSE a table that is not very easily visible to waitstaff.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Awesome food great service. We had a great experience here. The service was impeccable! Would recommend to everyone n

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I had a business dinner here and it was my first time eating at this restaurant. The food was very good and the waitress was attentive. We had the boudin balls and stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. We were unsure about trying the boudin balls but trusted the waitresses recommendation and they were very good. Dinner was excellent and service was at a good pace. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Nothing touristy about this restaurant. Truly a local favorite with great quality food and friendly owners.