“New Lunch Experience ”
Review of Faye's

Faye's
Ranked #403 of 1,080 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Saw this place from another lunch spot yesterday and decided to try them today. Being Saturday it was pretty quiet in the area. I even found street parking close by. We walked in and both of us ordered salads. I posted photos to let you see my salad. I ordered their chef salad. From my picture you will see what they call a chef salad. It was fresh and edible but not what I'm used to getting from other restaurants. I can't say anything about their sandwiches since we didn't have one. The person next to us had one and he said it was okay. I won't be back for salad but maybe I'll try one of their sandwiches.

Reviewed 17 December 2014

I was in Baton Rouge for work and needed a quick lunch before heading to the airport. I was actually walking to Jimmy John's which is just down the block on third street. By chance I happened to notice this modest place. Busy was brisk and appeared to be a local business crowd and assumed there must be something to it. The sandwich I had was very good. I ordered the honey cured turkey on wheat bread that was very fresh -- almost tasted like they made the bread there.

Their standard sandwiches come with lettuce, tomato, oil, vinegar, onion and oregano. Never seen these as the standard on a sandwich but I loved it. A very nice change of pace from the standard mayo and mustard options (you can get whatever you want on their sandwiches). The employees were friendly and working hard to keep the line moving along and it didn't take long at all to make it through the line. Total cost for a regular size sandwich, chips and ice tea was just under $9.00. In summary, if you are around this area for lunch in downtown Baton Rouge and looking for a quick bite, give this a try!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Can never eat Subway again. Not sure what they do differently, but they sure do it right! Liked the Best sandwich a lot. However, there open for lunch only on weekdays, but that's fine, catch them for lunch on weekdays.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I've had lunch at Fay's several times, and always enjoyed the sandwiches. Fay's has a bang up business from the downtown workers. Lots of folks take carry out. I've always stayed in and had lunch. The sandwiches are inexpensive and filling. The staff is always friendly. Fay's is a small place, but there's enough seating for its customers. There's nothing fancy here, at least that I've found. But it is good, dependable food for the downtown customer.