Lowest prices for your stay
US$116
View deal
Expedia.comUS$116
PricelineUS$116
Hotels.comUS$116
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 June 2020

First I want to say Linda was great!

Where do I start? My son went to use the bathroom in our room and could not get out. They have installed barn doors and the door would not open from the inside. My other son and I had a really hard time opening the door from the outside. We decided it wasn’t safe to be in a room where you couldn’t get out of the bathroom. Linda at the front desk was great and moved us to another room, unfortunately the new room was much smaller than our original room. When I went to use the toilet paper the paper holder fell off the wall. It was just dangling on there. The tub was peeling and gross. The bedside lampshades had stains all over them. The toilet was so close to the vanity that you could not sit on it without touching the vanity. The hotel is in a great location, but is in poor condition, and not maintained and it shows. I would not recommend this hotel, it’s just ewww!

Date of stay: June 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge Downtown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2020

Hello Octoberswirl2020,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge Downtown and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am glad that Linda was able to provide you with excellent service.

IHG constantly wants to make each stay comfortable. I'm concerned with learning about the bathroom's condition. I'm sorry that Housekeeping and Maintenance teams missed the chance to completely deal with the room. The situation you described is certainly not ideal. Your thoughts have been shared with the team and this will be addressed rightly.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Warm thoughts,

Deborah R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 March 2020

I stayed here during a conference. The hotel room left a little to be desired in ways of space and lighting, but it was very clean upon check-in. What really made my stay exceptional were the staff that I encountered.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by Ms. Wanda at the front desk. She was very sweet and accommodating, especially since I arrived well before the standard check in time. She was able to get me in a room, (thankfully not on the first floor), within 10 minutes, and it was only 12pm. Thank you so much for helping out a weary traveler!

The other staff member that I thank should really be praised for going above & beyond was De'Andre. Around 9pm the night before my departure, I asked the front desk if they could direct me to the nearest ATM so that I could leave a tip for housekeeping the next morning. De'Andre was nearby and overheard my request. He offered to personally escort me, as it was late and he did not want me to get lost, and possibly wander into a bad part of downtown on my own. Believe it or not, chivalry is not dead, especially in this beautiful city! Thank you so much for your kindness and respect.

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank aevans-vanhook
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge Downtown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2020

Thank you for being our guest. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated by all of us here. It was delightful to know that the services provided by our associates exceeded your expectations. We will be sure to relay your comments to Wanda and De'Andre. However, we regret not meeting some of your expectations with regard to your room. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to make your next stay with us outstanding in every respect.

Reviewed 25 November 2019 via mobile

We had a confirmed booking at the hotel, they decided to sell the room to others at higher prices. We arrived at the hotel the lady at the reception Ryan was extremely rude. When we requested for the manager they informed us that he or she is not available. We have travelled the world but never faced such disrespect. We highly discourage you to stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shiven10
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge Downtown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2019

Shiven,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the mix-up with your reservation and the impudent attitude of our front desk associate. Though we are confident this was an isolated incident, we’re reviewing this with our staff to make sure such scenarios are prevented from happening again. We hope this unfortunate situation will not prevent you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 8 November 2019

Let me start off by saying Laquinton, (I hope I spelled that right), is THE MAN. His hospitality, professionalism, and kindness made my night. From the time I called last minute for the room to the time he handed me my keys was enough for me to write a 5 star review, but it gets better! The room is modern, very clean and comfortable. Coming from the disgusting Hilton Capitol with dirty, smelling, sticky, rusted, peeling paint rooms, this was a nice change of pace. The bed is extremely comfortable, the room is dark, which I prefer, and the other front desk staff was equally wonderful. The location is perfect, central to everything, and easily accessible. I will stay here for every future business trip to Baton Rouge. Thank you Holiday Inn Express and staff!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge Downtown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2019

Thank you for the excellent review of Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge Downtown. We are delighted to know you loved your well-appointed room and that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. We are also glad our location was ideal for you, and the service provided associates, especially Laquinton, made your stay a pleasant one. We will share your compliments with him. It was our pleasure accommodating you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2019

The first floor rooms are plagued with 24/7 noise, ranging from the doors slamming to loud talking in the halls. The 36 inch TV, lack of onsite restaurant, and staff that have no clue make this a bad choice. I was told 3 times breakfast was at 6:30...only to be told upon arrival in the dining area that its actually 7:30 on weekends. They did have "hot" water for tea, however it was room temperature. Upon complaining about the water, the lady stuck her finger in the water, then proceeded to turn the machine on, leaving the same water in. I could go on and on, but believe me when I say you can do better for the price. I would not recommend this place to anyone...ever.

I am not spoiled, and do not expect 5 star hotels for a low price. I expect only to get what I pay for, and this has not been good value. This place is not worthy of 1 star.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge Downtown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2019

Bryan,

It was disappointing to read your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies, as we never mean to disappoint our guests in any way, and we definitely failed in this attempt. We can assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable by our standards, and we will be taking the proper action to ensure a more wonderful experience for every guest entering our doors. Thank you again for your feedback as this helps us to improve the experience for future guests. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.