“Out of town Customer came to Bossier City”
Review of 2 Johns

2 Johns
Reserve with OpenTable
2 Johns is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 256 Restaurants in Bossier City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Railroad Tracks
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Had the opportunity to try and impress a client and his wife from East Texas and took them to 2 Johns. It was my first time for dinner there and I was looking forward to it. The evening was a long way from a disappointment.
We shared some appetizers and my guests had shrimp cocktail and my wife and I split crab cakes. Although the shrimp count was low in my estimate the customer said the Were properly cooked and well seasoned. The crab cakes weighed about 1/3 lb each and it wasn’t just bread crumbs that made them so heavy. The amount of crab meat was fantastic.
Salads were well prepared and well presented. Customers each had a wedge and my wife enjoyed a Caesar salad.
The main course saw 3 ribeyes and a filet. After careful consideration would not opt for the Oscar style topper for the steak. It wasn’t bad but in reality the steak did not need it. We shared green beans, asparagus, and mashed potatoes all excellent.
Now to the only problem experienced! The menu for dessert was rather limited. My wife noticed a single diner was having what she thought was key lime pie. Key lime pie was not on the menu. It was a special off menu and the table ordered two key lime pies and two creme brûlée. The problem was the desserts were really too much yet not enough. I know that’s contradictory but I was full and really didn’t need dessert but when I started on the creme brûlée I was wishing it was served in a quart jar. The portion was truly very ample but it was done so well I didn’t want to stop eating it.
Service was exemplary from the waiter ( lady) to the busboy. Friendly but not to chatty and a good sense of humor from both. We never had to ask for a refill which tells me that somewhere in management there is attention to detail.
My advise, life is short get a dessert to go from 2Johns just to take the edge off about midnight. We really enjoyed the evening.

1  Thank porterdan

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

The food and service are on par for a restaurant of this caliber. The shrimp and grits appetizer is excellent as well as the crab meat augratin loaded with more crab than cheese. The shrimp bisque was top notch and loaded with flavor! My daughter ordered the filet Oscar with 3 JUMBO grilled shrimp on the side and the jumbo lump crab meat topping was excellent. The 7 ounce filet was served perfectly seasoned and all for $67.00! My dish of Parrot fish was average on flavor but served very fresh. At the price of $44 I would rate the dish as average compared to my favorite which is Chilean Sea Bass. My brother in law ordered the Snapper Pontchartrain at $28 and it was by far a better deal. Be warned that our table of 5 had a 20% gratuity added. I am used to restaurants with a policy of 6 or more for the gratuity being automatically added to the bill. Not a real negative but it would have been nice to know beforehand. The cheesecake and creme brûlée are excellent but the bread pudding was average at best according to the table comments. Service was attentive but not intrusive. I would visit again but would choose a different entree selection.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

My wife and I visited 2 Johns for our wedding anniversary, based on a recommendation from two separate friends. Both were right-on!! The food was off-the-chart and the service and atmosphere was perfect! Definitely an awesome dining experience!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

GREAT. One of the countries best! Not too far off I-20 if you're heading east or west through Shreveport/Bossier.Great evening dining and Friday's at lunch.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

The restaurant is wonderful. The bar with live piano music is forth the visit. The staff are friendly and professional always seeking to meet and surpass you needs. The food is amazing from apps to seafood, steaks and pasta dishes. Recommend any time you are in the Bossier City area.

Been to 2 Johns? Share your experiences!