“WORST haircut in my life”

Destiny Day Spa & Salon
More attraction details
Owner description: Destiny is a full service Day Spa & Salon that is located at the Louisiana Boardwalk. The environment is uniquely designed to detach you from the day to day hustle and allow you to relax with many services. Offering an array of services from Massage Therapy, Manicures, Pedicures, Body Wraps, Sauna, Soaking Baths, Spa packages, Massage Suites, Tanning, Body treatments, and Hair Care.Located beside the Courtyard by Marriott and offering weekend package specials with hotel stay. This property makes for a great week day or weekend trip!
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“WORST haircut in my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Bad, bad experience. Walked in, the receptionist was on the phone complaining about an employee that she was going to have to talk to. Was told to help myself to a drink or a snack. There was no hot water available for the only drink (tea) and a dirty, and empty popcorn machine.

My hair was so badly cut, I had to wait 2 months to get it fixed (somewhere else of course). The hairdresser kept going from side to side to get it even. She didn't appear to know what she was doing. My hair was so chopped up, I had to wear a ponytail everyday. This was my worst haircut ever.

I called and specifically asked to be teamed with someone who knew how to cut curly, wavy hair. I would never return here for any services whatsoever.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank Marie C
ktift, Owner at Destiny Day Spa & Salon, responded to this review, 15 January 2012
Hello! I have read your review and I would like to address a few issues.
I appreciate all feedback and strive for customer satisfaction. I disagree with your negative comments about the front desk telling you to serve yourself to snacks and drinks. All Team members are very helpful and serve our guests themselves. We have 2 Keurig coffee/tea makers with a large assortment of teas, coffee and cocoa to offer. We also offer sodas, our own bottled water and wine. The popcorn machine is like any other popcorn machine when pop corn has been popped in it, there is butter and popcorn in it. We also offer a selection of fresh muffins and granola snacks in our front waiting area where salon clients relax.
The front desk manager does answer and talk on the telephone as this is her job, to answer the phone, book appointments, and check clients in and out. She also addresses staff issues as needed. What you claim to have heard was clearly speculation and her finishing a phone call to address your check in is in fact what she did.
I am not sure which stylist you were with as you did not forward your concerns to me directly as we indicate in several areas of our facility. We try to address these sort of concerns while you are still on property.
To wait and then write a really horrible review, taking stabs at any area you wish is hardly appropriate on any level.
If you would like to handle this appropriately you may email me directly, info@destinydayspa.com
We see 100's of guests who leave very happy and on occasion there may happen to be a situation where a guest is not completely happy, but when we are given the opportunity to resolve it they end up being loyal repeat clients.
As an owner it is my priority to seek excellent service, an inviting environment and guest satisfaction. I cannot do that when guests like yourself take this approach.
I look forward to trying to turn this around for you.
Kristi Tift

Benton, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great salon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Very skilled beauticians...and great customer service.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank crrad
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never wanted to leave!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I came in for a spa day thinking that this would be like every other boring spa I have been to. I was pleased to see that I was completely wrong! As I went upstairs to the spa, I was amazed at the beautiful decor. It was as if I was somewhere other than bossier city! I had an amazing massage by Kandie, fantastic facial by jonathan, and then went downstairs to receive my relaxing spa manicure and pedicure by Eugenia. Everyone was friendly and eager to assist me. I decided to also get a haircut while I was there and the manager, who was extremely nice and helpful, fit me right in with one of their stylist. Emily did my hair and did a great job. I was pleased with all of my services and the professional staff. I left leaving destiny feeling like a brand new woman! Everyone must have a spa day with destiny day spa and salon!

1 Thank Mamaofangels
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Save your money!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Horrible owner!! Apparently if your polish peels off the day of your mani and pedi it's "strange" since it was there best girl!! The entire time I was getting my nails done the girl told me how much she didn't like the girls she worked with, how they were "just help". You can't tell who works there or is visiting the spa, one girl actually had sweat pants and socks and house shoes on!! Yea it's low class and a joke. Better service and results from WALMART!!!

5 Thank Reallynotimpressed
ktift, Owner at Destiny Day Spa & Salon, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
I am really concerned with your review and have tried numerous times to contact you regarding your visit. You made a harsh statement that I am a horrible owner and we have never met nor have I been given the opportunity to address your review.
I would appreciate your contact so we can resolve this and hopefully make you happy.
Kristi
Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Courtney and the folks at Destiny are THE BEST! My sister, cousin, and I have been twice to Destiny. We went in September for my sister's 50th birthday and returned last Saturday for my cousin's 40th. Everyone at Destiny is extremely professional. The atmosphere is peaceful and fun too. We had pedicures with the friendliest ladies around, then massages (mine was with Robin...she rocks!) and facials. There was not ONE thing we could have asked to be better. The prices are reasonable and the entire experience is worth repeating. We'll be back!!

Visited November 2011