“Good Choice for seafood”

Ralph & Kacoo's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 241 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2018

My wife and I were staying one night in Bossier City and had been to Ralph and Kacoo's many years ago and wanted to go back. The hotel staff suggested 2 other places but R & K was closer. We were well pleased with food and service. I had the Gulf shrimp and my wife had the cedar plank salmon. Both were excellent.They have good rolls although we were crazing about hush puppies.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

If you are in the mood for seafood this is your place! Put it in the GPS and it’s not far from the Horseshoe Casino. The food was worth every penny and cooked fresh to order. The waitress was very noce and sent us to the Margaritaville Casino. Had a blast there to. Had the fried oysters, fries, and shrimp. The hush puppies had jalapeños in them so delicious.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I've lived here all my life, and this used to be THE spot for top notch food and service. I hadn't been in a while, so when MIL visited from out of state and wanted seafood, we took her here. The hush puppies and rolls were great. We chose crab stuffed mushrooms for a shared appetizer. They were just ok. The flavor was nice, but the stuffing was thick and dry, with hardly any crab. The texture reminded me of Stovetop Stuffing with too little moisture. We didn't finish it. My spouse and I both had the Ruby entree. Blackened fish topped with lump crab meat and hollandaise. I chose mixed veggies for the side to lighten things up, and hubby had Cajun rice. This sides were average, but the fish was horrible. It was very oily (I suspect it was Talapia, though I couldn't bring myself to ask), and the blackening seasoning was extremely overpowering. Keep in mind, my palate was trained on Cajun food, but this was so salty and smokey that even the hollandaise wasn't enough to balance it out. Speaking of hollandaise, instead of velvety and smooth, we were served something more like a thick custard, with a distinctly egg-y aftertaste. And the lump crab topping? More of the same thick, salty stuffing as the mushrooms with a few pieces of crab that was over cooked to the point of shredding. Really, no balance, almost inedible. MIL ordered a wedge salad and gumbo. She said the salad was well dressed and tasty, and didn't comment on the gumbo, but it was left unfinished. The service was substandard. Our server was polite, but not really attentive. We had to ask for refills, and the appetizer and bread plates were pushed to the side when our entrees arrived, but were not cleared. I was really disappointed overall, especially having chosen R&K specifically to impress a guest. We probably won't be back.

2  Thank crisstyke
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Woow, what a place. everything was top notch location, menu, drinks, food and service. Hat off to Elaine our server. She was the best. Wife had eaten there years ago and wanted to go back. Now we both want to go back

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on our way home from New Orleans and it was the best seafood we eat our entire trip!! Amber our server was amazing!!! Such a sweetheart and was a top notch server!!