“Great dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Cool little restaurant with excellent classic Italian food. I had chicken Marsala and coworker had the largest chicken parm I have ever seen! Both dishes were very good and would make a return trip next time in town.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We had a reservation for a large party on a Saturday night. There was several other large parties as well. It took an hour for the waitress to take our dinner order. Then another hour for us to get our dinner which came in phases - like the spaghetti came out 6-8 minutes after the meal. The service was extremely slow and the prices were high for what you received. I ordered the red snapper with crab at $32. The piece was small and the plate came with no presentation...not even a lemon and the fish was overcooked. I am would say for a higher end Italian restaurant then the food was mediocre, the service was slow and the prices were high.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

It was our first visit to the L'italiano Restaurant, and we liked it very much. My husband loves pasta so he always enjoys Italian restaurants. On the other hand, I'm not so much for Italian food so I'm more critical of them when we go for pasta. Having said that, however, I really enjoyed this restaurant a lot. Atmosphere A+, service B+, and food A+ for my husband's and B+ for my food (which was not pasta). Maybe I'll have pasta next time. The only negative comment my husband has is that they don't have a good variety of domestic beer, specially the one he likes. Perhaps people who like Italian food prefer wine more? Anyway, we'll go back there again, I'm sure.

1  Thank SummerChild3
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We eat here frequently and it never disappoints! This is a small charming restaurant in Bossier and they serve the most authentic Italian food that I've ever had. And I've been to Italy! The staff is always friendly and helpful. So many of the dishes I've had are delicious, but my favorite is the pollo Milanese. Excellent!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

It has been some time since We were last here. We chose to spend our anniversary here for dinner. It just wasn't as good this time. The service was quite good and fast, but the food wasn't. I had a spinach salad but the cheese was quite sparse as was the bacon. My husband ordered a simple house salad. For entrees, I ordered pollo Milanese, and my husband ordered pasta con carne with meatballs. The chicken dish was rather plain with a very thin lemon butter sauce which was more accurately described as juice rather than a sauce. My chicken breast was accompanied by a small bowl of very plain spaghetti with meatless tomato sauce. The meatballs were very, very spicy in my husband's pasta dish and not in the classic Italian way. These meatballs were black pepper spicy. For dessert my husband remembered cheesecake and requested that. They do not have cheesecake so we both ordered tiramisu which was good but not really special. The atmosphere wasn't as quaint as we remembered either. The repairman working on the emergency exit door during the dinner hour probably didn't help. Last time there was delightful music playing in the background but nothing you could hear this time. And, several patrons were in jogging shorts with small children. It used to be more of a nice dinner restaurant. Was acceptable but yet disappointing! Parking is still limited even with the new street reconstruction. However, there is now curbside parking if you get there before the crowd for the brewery across the street! Our average-rated dinner was almost $70 without wine.

1  Thank love2travel084