The Sandspit Inn
Sea Raven Motel(Queen Charlotte City)
TripAdvisor
Gracie's Place(Queen Charlotte City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskfriendly staffplanenotetv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2016

A very quiet, yet quaint, hotel. Restaurant was closed due to yearly maintenance – but heard that it is very nice from a local senior. We were the only hotel guests. When we arrived the front door was unlocked and no front desk clerk so I looked around the desk and found a name and phone number which I called and desk clerk said she would be at hotel in 10 minutes to check us in. She was on time, checked us in and took off for home to be with her baby. This had to be one of the quietest nights in a hotel, ever. It is next to their only (small) airport... great ocean views!

Room Tip: Any room on the 2nd floor offer the best ocean views (without neighbouring buildings to block your view)
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2016

I stayed at the Sandspit Inn from September 28 to October 2, 2016. The hotel and service was excellent. The room are large, clean and quite. The restaurant food was excellent and the service was superior. All the means were excellent and used local ingredients. I am a fan of cheese cake and Mackenzie's cheese cake was to die for. Especially her chocolate , pecan and caramel cheese cake. I would rate it as the nest cheese cake I have ever eaten. Would I recommend this hotel as a place to stay ? Absolutely I would recommend it to friends, family and co workers and would stay here again

Rob Lewis

Room Tip: best views and location to the airport
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Evan P, Board of Directors at The Sandspit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Hi Bear,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the Royal Visit; it was an exciting day. I will pass your compliments on to the team. We also have a tripadvisor page for "Dining at the Sandspit Inn" under Sandspit restaurants... if it is not too much trouble it would be great if you could leave a review their as well.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

I came to the Sandspit Inn for dinner (two times) and for lunch.
This is one of the two restaurants in sandspit.

It's a nice place with very friendly staff
WIFI is working extremely well
Food quality is good and price is average considering that we are in a remote location

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Evan P, Director/Treasurer - Board of Directors at The Sandspit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Hi @popamiw, great to hear that you enjoyed dining with us. Safe travels.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

The Sandpit Inn shouldn't be really be operating. After running into financial problems a few months ago,, it was taken over by an non-profit organized by the town council. It offers tourists and visiting business types an inn, provides year-round employment for townspeople and a local spot to socialize. Judging from our recent overnight stay and 3 meals, its become a successful venture indeed. It is clean, well maintained and responsive. The food is high quality and to some extent (the seafood) locally sourced. The prices are reasonable and the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. And, its less than 150 metres from the entrance to airport arrivals.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DougofCalgary
Evan P, Board of Directors (Volunteer) at The Sandspit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

HI Doug, thank you for your review. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a positive experience; I will be sure to pass on complements on the food and service to our team. Safe travels.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

I like the place because of the restaurant and bar. I have stayed here about 8 times now. The place is clean. Staff are friendly but not always around. They struggle to keep it open. Off season I have found a note at the desk to call someone. The rooms are large and clean. Bathroom is dated.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank bill_tet
Evan P, Board of Directors at The Sandspit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Thank you for your review Bill_tet. Great to hear that you have have enjoyed your stays with us.