“RETURN TO MILBANK HOUSE; BETTER THAN EVER, If That is Possible!!!”
Review of Milbank House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Milbank House
Ranked #1 of 3 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Its been 3 years since I last stayed in the Comforts of the Amazing Milbank House, and the Warm, Wonderful Hospitality of Ms. Marjorie and the Staff. I Could Not Pass it By. Even though I had No Reservations, and was only Hoping for a vacancy, I could not resist stopping by, again. The Milbank House is a "one-of-a-kind" Bed & Breakfast. Built in the 1830's, every inch of this Grand House and Property is Beautifully Preserved and speaks of the Elegance of "Times-Gone-By". Situated in a very Quiet Corner of Town, next to a Church, the Lovely Lawn is neatly bordered by Lilacs, with Statuary along the yard. It is the Home of Hospitality, and a Haven of Quiet Solace for every Traveler!!... Ms. Marjorie opened the door, Welcomed me, and, with a Broad Smile, Joyfully led me to the "Front Room" (Living Room), where a New Steinway Grand Piano now resides!!! (A Wonderful Addition, since my last visit). The Piano is Delightful, with a Smoooth Action and Soft, Mellow Tone. The High Ceilings and Acoustics of the House add a Warmth and Depth that is Truly Unique and Sublime....Dinner was at a very Satisfying, near-by restaurant. (Just a Stroll through a Pleasant Sunset). Later, I passed the evening, in comforting darkness, outside, on the Lovely Back Balcony of the Milbank House, listening to the Distant Town Clock, softly chiming the hours, and musing on the nearly two centuries of Lives that have Enjoyed this Most Comfortable Corner of Our Country. THANK YOU, Again, Ms. Marjorie.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Wyomingpianoman

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Disclaimer. This was just not our thing. It totally might be yours.

While touring the plantations, we were looking for a night in the area. The B&B looked very lovely online so we booked it. We had the large family suite. It is an absolutely beautiful home very nicely furnished. The dinning room is stunning. Challenge is that the room is just like sleeping in a museum exhibit. It's not practical or comfortable. You can't touch things. You can't enjoy a tea in your room. The bathroom is so tiny and dark with lots of clutter of stuff. There is no where comfortable to sit because everything is an antique. As a result, it is just not a very comfortable place to stay. Hosts were very very friendly and take great pride in the home (breakfast staff were disengaged though). I think that this would be an outstanding experience for some people, it just wasn't for us so I wanted to write a review for others. While I love history, I want my room to offer practical comfort. If you want to sleep in a museum exhibit then this is totally the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2016

We booked one night at the Milbank House on our way to Covington, La. My only regret about staying here was that I only booked one night. There is plenty to see and do in the area of Jackson and St. Francisville that we could have easily spent 2 full days sightseeing. Marjorie greeted us upon our arrival and showed us to our rooms. We were travelling with another couple. We had the large suite upstairs. The furniture in the house was beautiful and the bed was comfortable. Everything was clean. Our friends had the other guest room upstairs and said they were pleased with their accommodations. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay,the accommodations and the food. We were the only guests so we had the entire house to ourselves. There were freshly made chocolate chip cookies for us upon our arrival, as well as fresh lemonade in the refrigerator. We were given plenty of information on places to eat dinner that night. The next morning we had a hearty breakfast fixed by Leola. We would definitely stay here again if we are passing through the area. During our visit with Marjorie, we told her that our main destination was to the WWII museum located in New Orleans. (When Marjorie gets the time off from work, that is where she said she wants to go!)

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie099
Reviewed 1 June 2016

We have been 2 Milbank House a few times. I can only say we loved our visits there! It is so welcoming! We had the Gallery Suite for our family of 4 and it has a little kitchen nook and a beautiful large bedroom with a side room with 2 twin beds. All of the furniture brings you right into the time period this house was built. The furnishings are very historically accurate. the bed s gorgeous in the suite, as are all of the beds. The fragrance there was so welcoming, I had to order the fragrance spray for my own house. The house is kept so clean! There were water bottles, popcorn and such in our bedroom that was such a treat to us. We skipped the main breakfast but had treats for breakfast available such as quick breads, granola, cereal, fruit.Our visits we had the house to ourselves, as it is a small town. Marjjorie was a wonderful hostess and was so welcoming and treated us like family. She is always helpful! I wanted to stay on a visit recently but had to go someplace else and it made me appreciate the warm welcome we received at Milbank. This is a wonderful and beautiful place to stay! It is a cute town and also 15 minutes away from St. Francisville which is a must see! Thanks Milbank for always acting so welcoming!

Room Tip: The Gallery Suite is great for a family of 4 and is so roomy!