All reviews the blue room beds were comfortable gallery suite antebellum marjorie millbank
Reviewed 12 April 2017

We had a wonderful stay. I got my daughter a beautiful vintage dress at the gift shop (which has tons of stuff) for a very affordable price and she looked like a Southern belle. She wore it during our whole stay and we took tons of pictures in the garden and in the house. We had the house to ourselves as we were the only guests. We stayed in the family suite upstairs, which was huge with a living room, a beautiful room with an antique poster bed, a "reading room", a kitchenette, a kid's room with 2 beds and a beautiful bathroom. We had access to the upstairs porch. Upon arrival, we were offered delicious cookies and lemonade, plus a tour of the house, which was super interesting as there are loads of very interesting pieces of furniture with hidden drawers, special features or very rare pieces, etc.
Sleeping in our suite in the very comfortable beds (and super soft bedding) was like living in the 1830's. Breakfast was a dream : delicious fresh fruits, warm blueberry cake, grits, bacon, eggs, warm biscuit, coffe, juice, milk... all served in beautiful china, in the magnificent dining room. My kids couldn't believe it, they were even more impressed than we were. All in all, it's like spending the night in a museum. It's a memory I will cherish for a very long time. If you're a fan of antebellum houses, stay there, you won't regret it.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank AxelleD
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We were privileged to stay to stay in this beautiful B&B. Upon arrival I checked in at the gift shop next door and met Ms. Marjorie and her wonderful staff. We were given a folder with lots of info and maps for the area. The delightful Ms. Nelda gave us a tour and history of the home and antique furnishings. We stayed upstairs in the gallery suite and loved every minute of it. So much love and care by the staff are put into every moment of your stay. We were gifted with homemade chocolate chip cookies and yummy fudge. Our mini kitchen had a bistro table for 2, coffee maker w coffee/hot chocolate, popcorn, water, mini frig, microwave, utensils, plates, cups and lots more just in case you needed it; like the notebook waiting in a drawer. The bathroom has a modern tub with lovely wallpaper, fresh flowers, and Milbank’s own room sprays and toiletries. Artfully folded towels and spa bathrobes were carefully placed on the beds. The beds were comfortable and it was a treat to sleep in such works of art. We never turned on the small flat screen tvs. I loved being on the private veranda for this suite and rocking in the wicker chairs. You are free to enjoy the parlor downstairs with the grand piano and historical/local books. The next morning, Ms Leona, Ms Nelda, and Ms Erin all came over to serve the two of us breakfast! It was served on fine china with starched napkins. The first course of seasonal fruit was presented in a crystal goblet. Locally made marmalade and heavy cream were a plus. We had homemade blueberry bread, eggs, bacon, grits, and biscuits; the breakfast changes daily. On the table were carafes of milk, juice, and water. A separate table had coffee, any kind of sweetener you could wish for, bananas, and apples. We were even given a newspaper and bread to take with us. I was absolutely blown away by the kindness and royal treatment we received and plan to stay longer next time. Highly recommend.

Room tip: The gallery suite upstairs has a private veranda; you must bring your luggage up the stairs.
Date of stay: February 2017
2  Thank Luvtravv
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Its been 3 years since I last stayed in the Comforts of the Amazing Milbank House, and the Warm, Wonderful Hospitality of Ms. Marjorie and the Staff. I Could Not Pass it By. Even though I had No Reservations, and was only Hoping for a vacancy, I could not resist stopping by, again. The Milbank House is a "one-of-a-kind" Bed & Breakfast. Built in the 1830's, every inch of this Grand House and Property is Beautifully Preserved and speaks of the Elegance of "Times-Gone-By". Situated in a very Quiet Corner of Town, next to a Church, the Lovely Lawn is neatly bordered by Lilacs, with Statuary along the yard. It is the Home of Hospitality, and a Haven of Quiet Solace for every Traveler!!... Ms. Marjorie opened the door, Welcomed me, and, with a Broad Smile, Joyfully led me to the "Front Room" (Living Room), where a New Steinway Grand Piano now resides!!! (A Wonderful Addition, since my last visit). The Piano is Delightful, with a Smoooth Action and Soft, Mellow Tone. The High Ceilings and Acoustics of the House add a Warmth and Depth that is Truly Unique and Sublime....Dinner was at a very Satisfying, near-by restaurant. (Just a Stroll through a Pleasant Sunset). Later, I passed the evening, in comforting darkness, outside, on the Lovely Back Balcony of the Milbank House, listening to the Distant Town Clock, softly chiming the hours, and musing on the nearly two centuries of Lives that have Enjoyed this Most Comfortable Corner of Our Country. THANK YOU, Again, Ms. Marjorie.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Wyomingpianoman
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Disclaimer. This was just not our thing. It totally might be yours.

While touring the plantations, we were looking for a night in the area. The B&B looked very lovely online so we booked it. We had the large family suite. It is an absolutely beautiful home very nicely furnished. The dinning room is stunning. Challenge is that the room is just like sleeping in a museum exhibit. It's not practical or comfortable. You can't touch things. You can't enjoy a tea in your room. The bathroom is so tiny and dark with lots of clutter of stuff. There is no where comfortable to sit because everything is an antique. As a result, it is just not a very comfortable place to stay. Hosts were very very friendly and take great pride in the home (breakfast staff were disengaged though). I think that this would be an outstanding experience for some people, it just wasn't for us so I wanted to write a review for others. While I love history, I want my room to offer practical comfort. If you want to sleep in a museum exhibit then this is totally the place for you.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 17 November 2016

We booked one night at the Milbank House on our way to Covington, La. My only regret about staying here was that I only booked one night. There is plenty to see and do in the area of Jackson and St. Francisville that we could have easily spent 2 full days sightseeing. Marjorie greeted us upon our arrival and showed us to our rooms. We were travelling with another couple. We had the large suite upstairs. The furniture in the house was beautiful and the bed was comfortable. Everything was clean. Our friends had the other guest room upstairs and said they were pleased with their accommodations. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay,the accommodations and the food. We were the only guests so we had the entire house to ourselves. There were freshly made chocolate chip cookies for us upon our arrival, as well as fresh lemonade in the refrigerator. We were given plenty of information on places to eat dinner that night. The next morning we had a hearty breakfast fixed by Leola. We would definitely stay here again if we are passing through the area. During our visit with Marjorie, we told her that our main destination was to the WWII museum located in New Orleans. (When Marjorie gets the time off from work, that is where she said she wants to go!)

Date of stay: November 2016