“Bad service and customer service.”

Mr. Ed's Seafood & Italian Restaurant, Kenner
Ranked #15 of 231 Restaurants in Kenner
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Very bad experience with this restaurant. It was around 2 p.m. Only 3 tables occupied and 2 waitresses. Extremely poor service. Table of 7. Leslie, our waitress, forgot to order my daughter's veal parmigiana. So everyone got their food except the 8-year-old. Needless to say nobody wanted to eat until she got hers. Then, they return within about 5 minutes of discovering Leslie forgot to place the order to the kitchen with a plate of uncooked, very rubbery veal, which had to be sent back again. Third time around was not that much better, still slightly under cooked with the breaded part completely separate from the veal. Boxed it up and threw in the trash. Waste of money. Then, I placed a fried chicken to go order at the beginning of ordering for everyone and she completely forgot to place this order to the kitchen as well. She said, "Oh, I guess I forgot. It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to make." Again, very disappointed. Told her no because didn't have the time to wait another 20 minutes to fix her mistake and probably have the chicken come back half cooked anyway since they would be in such a rush. We had to ask for a refill every single time someone at the table needed one. She never did refill any drinks without being asked to. Again, remind you she had 1, maybe 2 tables at the most to take care of. Spoke with the manager who knows us because we are regular customers. Told her I did not feel like I should have to pay $26 in a tip because the service was so poor. She said nothing she could do because the menu says you have to pay 20% tip for a table of 7 and that the register rings up at an automatic 20% for a table of 7. Did not even apologize for all the screw ups. Actually, could not have cared less that we were her regular customers. Did not make a difference to her at all. So, now once one of my favorite restaurants but will never, never go there again! Shame on waitress, Leslie, and the female manager.

1  Thank Lori A
Stacie k, Area Manager at Mr. Ed's Seafood & Italian Restaurant, Kenner, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi Lori A! Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed in the lack of customer service you received, as these are not the practices that we preach. I would love to discuss further, if you would take a minute to email me stacieEmeyer@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has some nice choices. The service was excellent and very friendly. Our dinners were fresh and good. We would recommend this spot for a quiet dinner.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

We dined with friends and all the food we had was delicious. We started with turtle soup moved to salads (house made blue cheese) and then onto the seafood platter. The platter was huge plenty for two people to share and be full. The oysters were delightful as the fish was super tasty. Two of our group had spaghetti and meatballs and the portion size of those meatballs - fist size!! Bar was fantastic and their ice tea was delicious. Parking is easy and restaurant is handicap accessible. There was vegetarian food available along with gluten free options.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

The food is always good. The service is always fast. Servers friendly. Handicap parking
not near door.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Always a home run. Great service and excellent food. The Oyster Bisque was phenomenal. Good fried seafood.