“Weeknd Birthday Trip Ruined by hotel”
Review of Super 8 Kinder LA

Super 8 Kinder LA
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Kinder
Reviewed 10 April 2015

Less expensive is not always the best way to go, as we learned the hard way. I will say that the desk clerk was nice and friendly when we arrived. We did arrive early and they put us in the room at the very end right next to the woods. Air conditioner made a lot of noise, so we could not use it at night. The toilet ran constantly.Our first night, there was an odor that smelled terrible. The next day, we left in the morning and we left the air conditioner on, so when we returned that night the maid had turned it off when they were there The shower did not work and when we left my husband told the desk clerk and he told him that all he had to do was lower the faucet which was a lie as we tried everything. Never ever again will we stay there.

Room Tip: They need better upkeep of rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

We checked in on Saturday, April 4th around 7pm, the clerk was very friendly & helpful giving tips about the restaurants nearby. Their breakfast was great but the lady who ran the hotel during the day was very rude !! We were getting ice & she approached my husband & asked him if we were staying here & what room we were in, he gave her the info & she just looked at him. When we checked out, he handed her the keys & not once did she thank us, nor invite US back. We will be returning to this area but I will not stay in this hotel. If the managers act like this towards their patrons, It's no wonder how this place stays in business!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2015

I must say I was delighted when I was greeted by the friendly girl who helped us check in. She was even helpful by accommodating our needs that we forgot to mention when booking our rooms. The AC was working very good. My fiance is very hot natured and loves to sleep in the freezing cold. However the blankets were filthy. The top comforter had multiple noticeable stains. Then when we pulled that blanket off the one underneath had multiple noticeable stains as well. Luckily we brought our own blankets. It was pretty gross. Then the shower was stained yellow and needs some very serious cleaning with acid. I was afraid to shower. I wanted to go by shower shoes. I suckered it up took a shower anyway. But then the coffee had been overlooked. I thought it was closed but when I went to make the coffee the bag was opened and the coffee did not seem fresh at all. So we left it alone all together. I was extremely disappointed. We love staying at the Super 8 and this is why we chose to stay with them for a last minute get away, but will definitely not be going back there.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2015

Room was beyond worn out, furniture, frayed carpet, linens. The dust build up on the lamp and around the edges of the carpet. The housing on the a/c was broken and the cold air blew straight across the bed. You would cover up with the $5.00 Dollar Store blanket, then it would cut off and you woke up to kick off the blanket. Large gaps around the entry door. Didn't get to sleep until 4am when I got up and built a barrier in front of the a/c. No stopper in the bathroom sink or tub. Threadbare sheets and foam pillows all broken up.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2015

It was good for the price, great location, close to the casino. It was small but a good place to sleep. The telephone did not work at all.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple