“Great atmosphere but food was average ”
Review of Prejean's

Prejean's
Ranked #16 of 596 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning Cajun cuisine and live Cajun music nightly make Prejean's Restaurant a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Conveniently located on I49 North, just 2 miles north of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. Voted Acadiana's Favorite Cajun restaurant, the friendly and casual atmosphere is sure to delight. Big Al, the 14-foot stuffed gator is seated in the middle of the dining room guarding some of our over 400 culinary medals and awards. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Large groups welcome! Prejean's Restaurant is "Simply Cajun, Simply Delicious"!
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere with the zydeco band playing but the food was like any other fried food you get any where in the south

Write a ReviewReviews (1,478)

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I work here, and we close at 9 not 9:30. We updated our closing time a few months ago. We also no longer serve seafood fondue or boiled crawfish.

1  Thank Alyssa T
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We were here on a Sunday night, & the live band was great with the atmosphere. The menu has a lot of choices, but our food was on the dry side. We had the alligator & grilled Mahi-Mahi. We would return for the cajun atmosphere, but not the food.

1  Thank nurse01_12
Reviewed 26 March 2018

The main reason to come to Lafayette is for the Cajun food, and the place to go for Cajun food is Prejean's! We came here for our main meal of the day, which when we're on the road tends to be late lunch/ early dinner. It was not crowded either time, and we were seated right away. The menu is extensive, and makes you want to try everything on it. For our first meal, I ordered the crab and corn soup. It was scrumptious! The crawfish etoufee that followed was good, but the soup was outstanding. My husband had the chicken and sausage gumbo, which he just raved about. His catfish was good, but again, the soup was the standout dish. The next day, we each went all-out. He got the three-course crawfish meal, and I did the same, but with shrimp. We each got a salad with seafood on it to start, followed by a cup of gumbo. Then comes more seafood that you can imagine eating. I have a good appetite, but not an enormous one. I ate most of my salad except for the croutons, and ignored the roll that came with the gumbo. Ditto the French fries and the seasoned rice. I figured I'd try my best to finish the shrimp and worry about the rest in the unlikely event that I had any room left. The blackened and grilled shrimp (three of each) were fabulous. There were four fried shrimp and two stuffed. I gave one of each variety to my husband, but otherwise managed to finish my shrimp. What a feast! My husband's crawfish platter was similar, although it came with crawfish cornbread, macque choux, and fried crawfish. We left fully stuffed and completely satisfied with this mainstay of Cajun goodness.

1  Thank JonesieLinthicum
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This place was super busy and were we never left with an empty glass or needing anything. The service was great and the food was too. We were very pleased with the while experience and would recommend it to everyone!