“Great staff. Not so great accomodations”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 28 November 2017

The reason I gave 3 stars was because of the staff..Kevin helped us at 5:00am to get a new room..Angel was great at breakfast even on the mornings when plates were hard to find and the next morning when there were NO forks at all..Destine at the front desk was also helpful and did all she could to make us feel better about our stay..And another young man was helpful and kind when we checked in and then again on Friday (I am sorry; I forget his name)we have stayed at over 30 Hilton properties recently and this one by far, was the most tired....very slow elevators, mold in at least 2 places on the hallway ceilings, bugs in our bath light fixtures, no housekeeping until after 6 pm and even then there were no clean sheets; an ice machine that was so noisy during the 5 days of our stay that one probably could not sleep if room nearby..manager responded that she would call maintenance but it was not fixed 4 days later. .No plates one morning at breakfast and no forks (yes, I mean NO forks!) on another dayaverage food and very pleasant staff..then I receive 5 emailed receipts, one for one amount and 4 for another amount, all 4 were sent simultaneously.
Again, the staff was great, but the rest...not so much.

Room Tip: I don't think you want the pictures of the mold on the ceiling or the bugs in the light fixture...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Summer H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you for your review Ms. Kathy,

I loved to read you enjoyed my team. I am proud of them and believe I do have the best team a manager could ask for. I apologize for the your experience and wish it would have been a more enjoyable one for you. I am happy to report that we did have someone come work on the ice machine, we placed a call on Wednesday when we received your message but was unable to have it serviced until this week due to the Holiday. I apologize again for the lack of plates and silverware, because of this I ordered extra supplies. If your travels do take you back to our area I to hope you give us another chance to win you over.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Had a long weekend, breakfast plentiful, suite clean and well kept. Good location. A nice place for a getaway. Would certainly recommend this hotel. Friendly staff the dining room ladies were so helpful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Summer H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review! I love to see that you had a great stay. I hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

The best hotel suite ever been to!! 6 star Definitley!!! Would very much so stay at this hotel or anyone related to it again. Nice clean lots friendly people as well as employees!!they have a great buffet breakfeast as well.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Summer H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review! I love to see that you enjoyed your stay. If your travels take you back to Lafayette I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We reserved the hotel for a Men's Conference on a Thursday and Friday evening. The first night of the event the GM comes to me very distraught telling me and our admin team that our music was too loud and that we were taking all the parking spaces. I asked her if we could speak privately because discussing this in front of everyone was very unprofessional. She begin to tell me how she had to leave a personal engagement to come and deal with this parking and music problem. I told her that no one told me anything about music or parking prior to her arrival, but that we would make the necessary accommodations. She continued telling me how her guests had a problem with the music volume and parking and that they paid $160 per night...well we paid almost $1600 for 2 nights, which I am sure included parking. I was very disappointed. Why would you rent out your room if people can't play music; or you don't want your event guest to park in the parking lot. Just don't rent the room.

This was a christian event, no alcohol, no fights, no vulgarity, nothing; an event to strengthen men to live a life of integrity. We played worship music for the first 30 minutes of the event.

Overall, I would not use their facility again and would not recommend anyone needing a venue with music to do so either. I would not recommend any of the 1500 people who attend our church here in Lafayette to stay at this hotel because of the unprofessionalism of the General Manager.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Summer H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear CT,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not have a satisfactory experience with my hotel. We try to accommodate both our guests with sleeping rooms and our meeting attendees and clearly we fell below your expectations. We value all of our guests feed back and believe we are only as good as the last guest tells us. We will make every effort to make improvements for future events.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We often stay here when in town for family functions. The staff are friendly and always helpful. The suite was was just the right amount of room for my family. The breakfast was delicious each day! We will be back again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Summer H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review Karen! I love to see that you enjoyed your visit and will be returning again soon! If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay great please let me know.