“My new breakfast spot!”

Mel's Diner
Ranked #103 of 580 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Moved to Lafayette a couple months ago and I've been looking for a breakfast place that is tasty and has a comfortable environment. After trying lots of places I think I found it. I ordered the two eggs with bacon, toast and hash browns with coffee. Cooked just I like them. Loved the coffee! Busy with Saturday brunch time crowd. There was a Farmers Market across the street. Waitress kept my coffee cup full and nice small talk.
Looks like I'm going back on my next day off to try the pancakes.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

We walked in after attending a festival just a bit down the street. Getting waited on was a task. Getting served was worse. I felt embarrassed, so sorry f2f or the little ladies working here. My waitress was having a bad day, but I could see why. The 3 waitress were waiters, servers, busboys, and ran the checkout counter. Cooks did a fantastic job as the food was delicious. There is a bad problem with the owner/manager. If he had no idea there would be busy night to bring in extra help, he is missing the boat. It was a festival weekend dumbaz! I doubt if I'll stop here again even though the foodvis really good, if you can get it.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Fast friendly service. The $2.99 breakfast special (you have to ask for it) has 2 pancakes, 2 bacon strips, and 1 egg.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

We were in the mood for home style cooking. Mel's did the trick. I had meatloaf with rice and gravy with squash and a side salad. My husband had red beans and rice. Both were delicious. The waitstaff is attentive, and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

We deiced on this place when we were driving around looking for something to eat. It's an old diner and very typical of what you would expect. Great service and food was delivered very quickly. Meatloaf was amazing and my husband had pork chops and said they were also very good - although he preferred my leftover meatloaf!