“Typical Diner”

Mel's Diner
Ranked #68 of 593 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Mel's provided the typical all night diner experience. I can't believe none of the servers were named Flo.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Sat at the counter and really enjoyed the atmosphere. Although my first time here, I felt welcome. Obviously a lot of the customers were regulars and the waitresses knew them by name. My breakfast of pancakes and sausage were good but I still prefer the pancakes at Cracker Barrel. These were not as light. The sausage patties were large and the taste grew on me. Overall, a very good experience. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

You cannot go wrong with Mel's. Breakfast all day or night, always good, and lots of variety on the menu. Lots of comfort food which you can never go wrong with, and good coffee. Waitresses are very attentive.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Always happy to hit Mel's for breakfast...they have a special 2X2X2...meat, pancake and egg...perfect for me and always cooked perfectly. Service is always fast and with a smile.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I have been eating breakfast there for over 30 years! I always go the the number 3. Wait staff is always friendly and courteous. Never had my cup of coffee run empty either.