Lowest prices for your stay
Small Metro/Town
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$108
TravelocityUS$108
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the handicap room. Bathroom floor in the rolling shower we're absolutely filthy. We didn't even bother using the shower. One of the towels in the room it already been used. Water pressure is only okay. Bed with soft and it came with three pillows. The main room where the bed and chair are, was clean and we had plugs on each side of the bed for charging our phones.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very basic. It had a bed and a bathroom. The hair dryer did not work, the room was musty, but you pay for what you get. So I did not expect much. They started working on the laundry room at 8am and I am sure they woke up other hotel patrons.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

My spouse and I stayed in the jacuzzi suite on a Thursday night and the service is always good. I left my wallet after checking out, called later that night and it was still there with everything in it. Not only was it a blessing but Alvin at the front desk was very pleasant

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alvin R, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Lake Charles University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. Please let us know when you return to our cty and we will ensure the same service or better.

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

I checked into the room and was immediately hit with a musty smell. There were cigarette burns on the comforters and in the bathroom. The cleaning crew are loud and coming way too early. Not a bad location just a bit away from anything. Lesson learned on lake Charles economy hotels.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alvin R, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Lake Charles University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Good Morning Mr. Chris W. Please allow me to say thank you first for choosing Econo Lodge Lake Charles as well as taking your time to complete this review. I want you to know that we take our time to read through the reviews, analyze the issues in the review, and take the necessary actions for improvement. I am going to attempt to address each of your concerns in the order that I have read them.
Please allow me to apologize for what was considered a musty smell upon entering the room. I am in no way saying that my thoughts on this issue are correct however I will give our logical explanation. Recently all of our guest rooms were completely renovated. It is our belief due to prior experiences with this issue that we have discovered the reason for the smell. You are in a room with new carpet, new paint, and new as well as new furniture. With the helpful knowledge of other guest regarding this issue it has been determined that the smell is new furniture and carpet as you are smelling the raw smells of the new items in the rooms. Because of the weather changes, we have instructed our staff to leave A/C Units off. With no air circulating in the room, it allows the natural smell of the carpet and furniture to be more prevalent the air been on. You also mentioned the burns in various items and we agree that it is very possible, I do hope while you encountered these issues , you reported them promptly to be dealt with by our Management staff. Our cleaning crew is an Indian couple who Cleans the entire property. They are so quiet that it is very difficult to determine if they are on the floor working or not. I respectfully do not think you heard our cleaning crew. However, in your future stays please keep in mind that if you encounter something you think is not normal, or have you feeling uncomfortable, please alert the front desk as soon as you can so that the property can deal with it. We are located primarily in the center of the city. There are restaurants within 1 mile of the hotel as well as many other things in our surrounding area. I really feel bad that you had this type of experience while staying here in Lake Charles however we want you to know that we hear you and we are moving into action. Both of your concerns or issues have been documented and discussed with our staff. We off the opportunity to return and allow us to make it right with you. Please use my contact information and contact me personally, and I would be honored to secure your Reservation at a discounted rate. Again I want to thank you for your review!!!!

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Entered room...Very musty smell. At first we thought we were in a smoking room....Sticky something on the rug near one of the beds....No good restaurants nearby....Only one plug in the sink area and the fridge and microwave are plugged into it....There is trash behind the microwave...

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alvin R, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Lake Charles University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Good Morning, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here with us during your stay. We apologize that your stay was deemed below your expectations. We want to assure you that this is not an accurate representation of our service nor our care for our property. I want to assure you that the issues you encountered during your stay have been analyzed and dealt with accordingly. We hope that you would give us another opportunity to make it right with you. Please contact me directly should you choose to return to the Lake Charles area and might need a room. Thank you again for your time!