Lowest prices for your stay
US$219
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
TownePlace Suites
Trip.com
US$184
View deal
Expedia.comUS$219
Hotels.comUS$219
Priceline
All reviews front desk comfortable bed night stay free breakfast property dishwasher
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 December 2019 via mobile

I truly wish I could have given this hotel more stars, as the staff was super friendly and hospitable. I do not want this review to be a reflection on the hard working staff. From my understanding, this is a somewhat new hotel that was just built in the last year or so. The breakfast was good and the area around was kept clean and tidy. The lobby area was nice and had decent seating. However, in our room, the housekeeping really needed some improvement. The faucet and mirror in bathroom had not been cleaned, and the sheets had not been changed from the last guest. The lights in the hallway were flickering and needed to be changed, as it seems the bulbs were going out. I had alerted the front desk in person about this, but nothing was done during our stay (which probably because it was only one night). I had booked the room a few weeks before and had requested an upgrade. However, because we didn’t get there until 7pm, understandably we were put in one of the studio rooms. Please note that the furniture in the studio room is really excessive. There is way too much furniture in there for that small of a room. There is only 1.5 feet or so room between the end of the bed and the coffee table/footstool. Also some of the furniture has wood/plastic pieces protruding from it, and really needs to be repaired or replaced. We had an incident during our stay where my husband got up during the night and he had a foot/toe injury due to getting it caught on the faulty furniture. I alerted the staff at the front desk in person and they were nice enough to give us lots of extra gauze and tape for the bleeding. I spent several hours taking my husband to urgent care to have that injury tended to. I had asked the front staff to let me speak to the manager about it, but the manager wasn’t there and they said they would pass along the message and have someone contact me. I have not received an email or call as of this writing. I would definitely recommend that this hotel consider removing some of the pieces of furniture (and repair remaining pieces)in the smaller studio rooms so that future injuries do not occur. Also, there is an opportunity for improvement regarding housekeeping, especially this being a newer hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank zaogirl2002
KimberlyStandifer, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2019

zaogirl2002,

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. Rest assured your comments will be addressed with the team as a training opportunity to better execute a flawless experience for our valued guests such as yourself. We have had a change in management recently so I apologize that a manager did not reach out to you in regards to your husband's injury. If you would like to further discuss, I can be reached at 337-477-5824. We hope to have another opportunity to be your choice hotel when your travels bring you to Lake Charles.

Reviewed 4 November 2019

Courteous, enthusiastic, friendly and professional...the staff is wonderful! Our stay was so awesome...from check-in to check-out. The rooms were clean, comfortable and really in order, well worth the value. Breakfast was satisfying and again a great atmosphere created by the staff. Then upon check-out I was greeted by the most wonderful individual, her name is Nolia. Towneplace Suites, Nolia is an asset to Marriott, it was truly "A Pleasure!" Townplace Suites is definitely "my choice stay" for my next awesome experience.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank cluv1chick
FeliciaR337, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2019

cluv1chick,

WOW!! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff truly enjoys their jobs and I'm glad it shows, -especially Nolia! She's a true gem and we're grateful to have her apart of our team.We welcome you back when in the Lake Charles area.

Reviewed 8 October 2019

Bed sheets were extremely dirty, carpet seemed like it hadn’t been vacuumed and our towels were dirty with makeup stains!!! Our shower was full of hairs and rr sink was extremely dirty too. Don’t recommend at all

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FeliciaR337, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2019

Lisssset,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm sadden to read about the unpleasant stay you had. I will be sharing this information with the Housekeeping department.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2019

Nolia provided exceptional customer service to the point that I will actually switch to TownePlace Suites for all of my future business stays. I am a loyal Marriott member and I typically stay at Courtyard Marriotts. Well, due to a few terrible customer service issues at the Courtyards lately - in particular, the Courtyard Marriott in Lake Charles which is atrocious - I switched to TownePlace Suites. TownePlace Suites has far exceeded my expectations - particularly due to Nolia and her excellent customer service!

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
FeliciaR337, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2019

sarahtraveler224,
WOW!! Thank you so much for your review and kind words. Nolia is a true jewel and we are so grateful to have her apart of our team! I will share your review with Nolia, as I'm sure it will make her day! We welcome you back when visiting the Lake Charles area.

Reviewed 24 September 2019

Good things, breakfast, space in rooms, location, free shuttle to casinos ......not so good, dirty dishes in cabinet, one trash can for entire room, patch work on walls, faucet loose, coffee in rooms really bad.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FeliciaR337, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2019

charlotte g,
Thank you for your review on your stay with us. We will share this feedback with the housekeeping & maintenance departments for improvements.