Lowest prices for your stay
TRU by Hilton
Free cancellation until 05/12/21
Booking.comUS$209
PricelineUS$188
Lol.travelUS$249
All reviews dorm room rooms are small great stay other hotels would definitely stay here again complimentary breakfast yogurt parking lot foosball lobby soaps cleanliness lc
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2021

Upon arrival, I stood at the front desk for 5 minutes before even being acknowledged by the front desk attendant who was on the phone with what sounded like a business associate. I make this assumption because I literally had 5 minutes worth of listening to one side of the phone conversation before she finally acknowledged me.

When I got to my room, everything was in decent shape except for the shower, which needed some renovations. There was no body soap in the shower, nor by the sink, so I had to use the hand soap as an alternative.

Lastly, I made my reservation for 2 nights, but had to leave a day early due to a work situation. In the past at other properties, they let me check out and waived the second night charge since I am a diamond member. However, here they told me it was past the deadline and I would have to pay for the second night also. I agreed and said that wasn’t a problem, but that I wanted to make sure that I got a stay credit and the points since I was paying for it. They assured me that I would, but I didn’t.

It should be noted that I only checked out as a favor to them so they could potentially flip and book the room out. Had I just left and not told them I was leaving, I would have been charged the same amount, and gotten my stay credit as well as my points.

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with Tru by Hilton
Midge Powers, Sales at Tru by Hilton Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2021

So sorry to hear that we failed to exceed your expectations. Please accept our humble apologies.

Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

This new design hotel is not to my standards. Furnished with IKEA like seconds. Bedding thin, cheap. Room size 30% smaller than “normal”. No in room supplies (no cups, no ice bucket, no coffee maker) . Bathroom small and cheap fixtures. Use of big squirt bottles of soap. Air conditioning control was awful. Reminded me of summer camp.

Room tip: Lots of reconstruction in the area.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Midge Powers, Sales at Tru by Hilton Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Thanks for staying, we realize that Tru is not the brand for everyone and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 25 July 2021

The rooms are nice, nit too fancy but serves its purpose. Restroom is spacious and sleep was comfortable. You could tell that my shower had t been cleaned. There was visible staining on the shower floor in multiple areas. Bring shower shoes!

Review collected in partnership with Tru by Hilton

Thanks for staying, we are sorry to hear that we failed to exceed your expectations. Please know that we take this personally and are taking progressive actions to make sure that this does not occur again.

Reviewed 8 July 2021

The customer service was great. Our room was clean and comfortable. The overall appearance and atmosphere was great. I will definitely be returning to stay here again and would recommend others to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Tru by Hilton
Midge Powers, Sales at Tru by Hilton Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2021

Thanks for staying and reviewing! We appreciate you and hope that you are able to return in the future to our Tru by Hilton Lake Charles.

Reviewed 30 June 2021

I stayed here last week on business hotel was still under renovations I just wanted to let the staff know how clean and wonderful they were .Never been in a hotel where employees take pride in what they do but at this hotel is shows they love what they do keep up the good work1

Date of stay: June 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Midge Powers, Sales at Tru by Hilton Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2021

Thanks for staying and recommending us! We appreciate you and hope to have you stay with us again in the future.