Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official SiteUS$75
Expedia.comUS$75
TravelocityUS$75
Hotels.comUS$75
TripadvisorUS$75
Agoda.comUS$79
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

Myself, granddaughter and daughter checked into Studio 6 Hotel on Admiral King in Lake Charles on 9/3. Our home had been made uninhabitable by hurricane Ida. We were from St Charles Parrish which was hit hard. Finding a hotel was extremely difficult, the days prior we had camped as we could not find a room . We were happy to finally have a room an that they allowed dogs. The day after we arrived there was a knock on the door- it was housekeeping an we yelled that “we were good”. There was not another knock so we thought they had heard. The dogs did bark briefly from the knock. Awhile later someone tried to actually open the door however the latch was fastened an it only opened a small bit. Shortly thereafter the phone in the room rang. We were told there was a report our dogs were alone in the room. I explained that we had been with our dogs constantly. The fact that we declined housekeeping was then brought up. I explained our situation that we had only arrived the evening prior, we were tired an really didn’t need housekeeping. Was basically told it was not optional that they only do housekeeping certain days. I told the person ok but to give me a minute to get dressed which she said was fine. Only a minute or so later the phone rang once again saying no we didn’t have to have housekeeping. Meanwhile my daughter who had went to get us dinner arrived back an we started eating. There was a knock on the door an a person who would only identify herself as “the manager “ and a male were outside our door. They were angry from the get go and I still don’t understand why. They would not stop talking so we could get a sentence out. The male basically told us to stop speaking over the female. The female said when our door had been open earlier (keep in mind it was latched ) that our dog had charged her. Our dog is small however doesn’t charge people an definitely would not have fit through the small space the door opened. She then went off about us not allowing them in the room. Despite numerous attempts to remind them that we had received that second call telling us we did not have to utilize the housekeeping services they just would not stop with their remarks about the dog charging an wanting in the room (which we had no issue with as I said I had told the person on the phone to just give me a minute to get dressed). We told them we would be calling corporate about their behavior an we were told we could call corporate,our lawyers or anybody we wanted. We were also told we needed to leave the hotel. When allowed to speak we attempted to remind them we had no home an finding a hotel was almost impossible due to the hurricane . I told them I expected a refund an was told we had 15 minutes to get our things an leave or we would be charged another day. We had paid over 900 dollars for this room for 4 nights in addition to another 200 for incidentals pertaining to having the two small dogs. This was not a FEMA voucher it was hard earned money I made working as a nurse at my local hospital. We asked the female numerous times for her name only to be told she was “the manager “ . Once our belongings were in our car I explained I wanted something showing we were being refunded for the remaining nights. She gave me a paper showing she refunded part of the pet fee an said the remaining I would get from Expedia. I again tried to explain to the “manager “ that we had no where to go, that finding another hotel would be difficult, that we had never left the dogs alone an had been told we were ok not having housekeeping . I had never known of anywhere that having housekeeping come in was a mandatory thing especially since we had not even been there 24 hrs. She then tries to tell me she never told us to leave that I requested a refund. This was the most bizarre encounter I think I have ever had with anyone. We had no where to go. My daughter is ill from recent chemo/radiation an didn’t need the added stress of what we encountered at this hotel. My 11 yr old granddaughter had to deal with this unnecessary event. This woman put out three hurricane evacuees and we never really did understand why because nothing had happened to justify this type of behavior. It took several hours of looking online an calls to find somewhere else to stay and then driving a couple hours to get to another hotel. With the current situation in our state I’m sure there will be many more evacuees as well as people coming to the state to help restore power an clean up that will be stopping at that hotel. I hope that there is never another customer whether they are coming in due to unfortunate circumstances as ourselves or just coming to vacation treated as we were today. The rest of the staff at the hotel were so courteous an some apologetic - it was simply this woman who would not give her name an the man she brought with her to our room in what seemed an attempt to intimidate us. No complaints with the room nor the other employees. My only complaint is how this female “manager “ and her male sidekick treated us. I have tried to figure out why they may have behaved in the manner they did . There was nothing we did that would call for making us leave. Please just be aware when booking at this hotel things might not be as they seem an at anytime an for no reason you might be made to leave . If they can do this during a time of natural disaster when there are supposedly rules in place they can do it to anyone at anytime. Beware.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2021

We stayed at this property right after the city had gone through extreme winter weather and water shortages. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was clean and very functional. We felt safe and slept well. Shampoo, lotion and blow drier were available on request, and there was a functional kitchen with a few dishes. Coffee was provided in room.

It was very overpriced for the accommodations, but that may be due to the shortage of available rooms after 2 hurricanes and water damage from freezing.

Room tip: Walls are thin and every sound comes through from hallway or other rooms.
Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank Arkansamimi
Reviewed 18 September 2019

This hotel is the place to be. Clean, friendly staff and the manager was just super.Very helpful and polite. The rooms were beautiful, clean and inviting. The beds were comfortable. The hotel is located in a good place around many good stores and restaurants. You have good accommodations in the hotel, such as stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishes and pots to cook in, in your room. The hotel is secure with cameras everywhere and the public doors are locked at night, which means security. I really had a great experience here, where my husband and I spent our first Anniversary. When ever I visit Lake Charles, this is where we will be staying.
Thank you, Motel 6 .

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple