Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$179
WyndhamUS$179
PricelineUS$179
Hotels.comUS$179
Agoda.comUS$179
Lol.travelUS$213
All reviews olive garden parking lot is stay there again first floor comfortable beds convenient location nice stay shuttle target freeway ac microwave employees
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021

The hotel is a nice setup and the staff is very friendly. I like the breakfasts in the morning, the shuttle and the location. However, when I stayed at the hotel 6 weeks prior, the operation seemed more effective. For example, there were towels at both locations for use, the swimming pool and the jacuzzi. This time there were no towels. My prior stay, I was on the second floor which was nice. This time I was on the first floor and there appeared to be no improvements in the construction from 6 weeks prior. That included the hallway on the first floor and the entry at the front door. I have reservations to stay at this hotel at the end of October and let's see how much improvement will be completed.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 10 August 2021

Very close to casinos and walking distance to restaurants & shopping. Reasonable price, friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds...staff was very friendly & helpful. Would stay there again for sure!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Heather Jabusch, Owner at Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Thank you for your recent stay and amazing review of the Wingate Lake Charles hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, good price and great service. I will share your comments with our team. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2021

We checked into one room and the smell was so strong i had to leave as soon as i opened the door to the room. The smell was so bad. Went back to front desk she moved us a few doors down and that room was so hot. we put the ac on and left to see if it would cool off and it did to a degree but the smell of the mold was even stronger when we got back to the room. Seemed like the longer the ac stayed on the stronger the smell would get. I packed my stuff and left as soon as we got back and noticed that nothing changed. The clerk advised me she would get with the manager in the morning for the credit. I called monday and asked for manager and that was the wrong thing to do. she was a joke and so unprofessional until i just had to hang up. she advised me that she was going to the room and checking out what i was saying about the second room and never called me back nor gave me a refund. this hotel was hit by one of the hurricanes in lake charles and you can tell they must have had alot of water in the hotel. it smells horrible

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the room. I was out last week so you must have spoken to my assistant manager. I cannot tell from your account your name to get your room number or contact information. Please feel free to contact me at wingatelcsales@gmail.com so that we can further discuss what happened during your stay so that we can resolve any issues that may be in the room and make sure that you are satisfied with our services. This is not a normal review for us and I am sure that we can get this resolved.

Reviewed 17 July 2021 via mobile

My family traveled to Lake Charles for a baseball tournament and we stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is being remodeled and there was construction being done on the 1st floor; we stayed on the 3rd floor and did not have any issues. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. The hotel did have a young man who was always cleaning the lobby, the floor was spotless! Only complaint about the hotel was the lack of housekeeping. We had our beds made once and the housekeeper came back hours later stating she still needed to throw the trash and vacuum. I had to ask for towels and toilet paper. This was done on day 2 of the trip and the room was never cleaned after that. We had a housekeeper try to clean another day, we advised we were just about to leave and she never came back. This hotel is approximately 15 minutes from McMurry Park in Sulphur. Not much to do here other than the Casinos. We did drive about 30-45 minutes to Orange, Texas for a swamp tour. Overall the hotel was decent, it is located literally next to the freeway, as we we have a freeway view, but the freeway could not be heard in our room. Hotel is walking distance to Olive Garden, a restaurant across the street, other eateries and shopping plaza to include Target, Ross, Marshall's, etc.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay and great review of the Wingate Lake Charles hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and the hotel staff. We are doing housekeeping once a week due to covid but also upon request. I apologize that you didn't get all the housekeeping that you would have liked. I am going to type of a letter for everyone at check in explaining this in more detail now that the delta variant is keeping covid restrictions very active. Thank you for sharing your experience and things you enjoyed while staying in the area. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 June 2021

We stayed here a few years back and it was nice but I was kind of dreading the fact that it might have aged poorly and ran down. I was totally amazed for the opposite reason. Everything appeared new and shiny., The rooms were clean and updated and the bed was as good as I have ever slept on in a hotel. They did all the little things right. There were extra towel sets, all the little extras in the room that of late have disappeared. The breakfast was back in full swing. They had scrambled eggs, two types of meat, biscuits and gravy. They also had three (3) types of Jimmy Dean breakfast items you could microwave yourself. There were all the regular items along with two store bought muffins and one that appeared to be made in house. I have been so frustrated with another chain I normally use over their sorry breakfast this was so nice. The other chain has a frozen egg looking thing formed like a scrambled egg taco. They call it an omelet and it is horrible. I am so happy Wyndham has the common sense to stick with real scrambled eggs. The points were not inflated as the other chain had changed their points x 3 so the decision was easy deciding where to stay. We will be back!

Date of stay: June 2021

Thank you so much for your recent stay and amazing review of the Wingate Lake Charles hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed a clean room, comfortable bed, and our hot breakfast. We are excited to have it back as well. We appreciate your feedback and business and look forward to your return.