Lowest prices for your stay
Wyndham
US$110
US$110
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
US$103
Expedia.comUS$110
Hotels.comUS$110
Lol.travelUS$130
All reviews olive garden parking lot is stay there again first floor comfortable beds convenient location nice stay shuttle ross walmart ac employees
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2022

The hotel amenities here are endless. The front desk members are all very professional and friendly. My suite was beautiful and contained all essentials. I was very impressed with the delicious breakfast. There is also a complimentary shuttle to and from the nearby casinos. The price for a holiday weekend was most reasonable. The people of Lake Charles are very resilient and I was very happy to support them.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Heather Jabusch, Owner at Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2022

Thank you for your recent stay and amazing review of the Wingate Lake Charles hotel. We are pleased to hear that you relaxed in pure comfort. I will share your kind comments with the team so that they may be encouraged. We appreciate your business and feedback, and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2022

For the price I guess what is i received so, is not so clean, the pool was dirty, so.
The location is good, you have everything close, there is an Olive Garden across the hotel, walmart, ross, fast foods, etc

Date of stay: April 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Heather Jabusch, Owner at Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2022

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. I am saddened to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We are just now working on getting the pool officially open for the season and appreciate your patience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and hope that you will come back and try out the pool once it is fully open.

Reviewed 31 March 2022

update your transportation van. it was in bad shape. all check engine lights were on, air condition vents were missing, just a hole blowing air. Door handle was broken and would not open from inside. Had to wait for attendant to open to be let out. Felt like we were in a van used by a kidnapper. Driver was a maniac, she scared the hell out of all 8 of us. fix sewage issues, it smelled awful in hotel.

Date of stay: March 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Heather Jabusch, Owner at Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2022

Thank you for your recent stay. I am very sorry about the smell, we did call out some professionals and beleive that we have it all under control now. We are in the process of purchasing a new van, but we will get the doors checked out and talk to the driver. I am very upset to hear that you and your group felt unsafe with her driving. We did have some plumbers come out to address the odor issue and that should be resolved now. I am very sorry that this was your experience with our hotel and hope that you will give us another opportunity to gain back your trust.

Reviewed 17 January 2022

Registration staff was not friendly, the 1st floor didn't have carpet, the desk chair was peeling and had a bug in the tub when I went for mt morning shower, floors needed cleaning and vacuuming. I wouldn't walk without something on my feet.

Date of stay: January 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Heather Jabusch, Owner at Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2022

Thank you for your recent stay and review. I am saddened to hear that we fell short of your expectations. We are waiting on carpet to replace all the common areas and unfortunately the first floor carpet was removed before the new carpet came in. I apologize about the errors in you room and will get with the housekeeping team to make sure we are more careful. We replaced all the chairs in the rooms recently. I will see if I can figure out if we missed yours. This is not normal for us, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to gain back your trust.

Reviewed 4 January 2022

Booked thru Hotel.com. Turns out Hotel.com knew nothing about water damage that was sustained during from what I am guessing is Hurricane Laura. There was one section nearest to my room that had a barrier covering the doorway made of plastic. The whole 3rd floor reeked of mold or mildew hence the DEHUMIDIFIERS in the hallway. When we finally got into our room because of door card issues our room also reeked of mildew or mold. On our way to the casino we asked if our room could be freshened up of the smell. On return from the casinos I took off my shoes and sock for some sleep and regrettably stepped on the floors with my bare feet. UGGH! I guess someone decided to spray disinfectant directly to the rug in large doses. The rug was sticky as I walked to the bathroom and that was the last straw. I immediate called the front desk and ask the clerk to inform her manager that the room was unsuitable to rent. All this happened New Years EVE. I dont mind that you GOUGE me on New Years but Please make sure the rooms are suitable to rent. Sad they rented this room without disclosing any of this to me.

Date of stay: December 2021

Thank you for your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for the inconveniences. We have resolved the odor issues, however, we are still waiting on carpet to open up the very ends of the halls. We do hope to be done with construction soon and that you will come back and see that this is not normal for us.