“quite disappointing”
Review of Sha Sha's of Creole - CLOSED

Sha Sha's of Creole
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Don't be deceived by the cute storefront and interiors......Crab cake had no crab flavor, only pungent Lipton onion soup mix flavor... Cheesburger equivalent of Wendys......Gumbo was flavorless salty mush......Bread pudding biggest bummer, large soggy bread piled high with Reddi Whip. So gross, all of us had bad food.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I grabbed lunch at Sha Sha's. The decor is fun and festive. However, the food was bland and boring. I ordered the crab cakes; my husband ordered fried fish. The crab cakes were two thin patties served with a side order of sauce that tasted like a mixture of horseradish and ketchup. My husband's order of fried fish was seasoned ok; strips of fried fish cut into long slithers bathed in cornmeal batter then deep fried. We also ordered onion rings as an appetizer which came out quite greasy. The interior was clean; the dining area large and decorated festively in a Cajun theme. There is a large bar area with a stage located to the adjoining dining area that seemed to be set up to host bands.

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at Sha Sha's last night, and left "underwhelmed". We started with the crab stuffed jalapeños. They were obviously not a frozen product (everything seemed prepped from fresh ingredients). While they were intriguing, they lacked a ton of flavor.

For entrees, my wife had grilled shrimp which was delicious. I had a "stuffed" snapper which was again lacking in flavor, and swimming in butter. We both had gumbo as a side, and it was bland.

I must note, I do not typically like bread pudding. We ordered the bread pudding for dessert, and it was wonderful! It was the highlight of our visit, and I would return just for that reason.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stopped by from a day at the river, along with another couple. I had the seafood platter, fried of course, the portions were very large & all the sides that came with it were great. We also ordered the boiled shrimp, they were so large that a grown man could only eat 5 of the 12 served. The service was perfect.

1  Thank Kathiandrepont
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

This review is only for the seared tuna because that's ill I've had there. Now I do realize the menu looks limited at first but it's a decent array of food. Now I've eaten tuna on the beach in San Diego and off the coast of Florida but none of these compare to this little hole in the wall in Louisiana. The only better tasting tuna that I have had is off the boat in Hawaii. FYI I wear boots and jeans everyday and steak is on my menu at least 4 days a week.