“When is it ever open...”
Review of Sha Sha's of Creole - CLOSED

Sha Sha's of Creole
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Visited or tried to visit Sha Sha's on Sunday and Tuesday evenings and this restaurant was shut on both occasions. OK I realise we may be 'out of season' but if they are going to shut why can't they have some sort of notice outside. there isn't even a timetable of opening times so newcomers or holidaymakers are just left totally in the dark. We had heard some great things about this restaurant and were so looking forward to our visit but unfortunately we were left with no other choice but to find other alternatives. I really don't want to give this reataurant only 1 mark but have no other choice. As for ratings for service, food, value, atmosphere, romance and special occasions.....well due to the fact we never managed to eat there then it's a big fat zero for all of them. Sorry Sha Sha's we really were looking forward to visiting you.

1  Thank IanWD

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Husband and I truly enjoyed the decor and the downtown location. PoBoy only had 4 shrimp on an 8" long french bread. Small gumbo is really very small for the price.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Don't be deceived by the cute storefront and interiors......Crab cake had no crab flavor, only pungent Lipton onion soup mix flavor... Cheesburger equivalent of Wendys......Gumbo was flavorless salty mush......Bread pudding biggest bummer, large soggy bread piled high with Reddi Whip. So gross, all of us had bad food.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I grabbed lunch at Sha Sha's. The decor is fun and festive. However, the food was bland and boring. I ordered the crab cakes; my husband ordered fried fish. The crab cakes were two thin patties served with a side order of sauce that tasted like a mixture of horseradish and ketchup. My husband's order of fried fish was seasoned ok; strips of fried fish cut into long slithers bathed in cornmeal batter then deep fried. We also ordered onion rings as an appetizer which came out quite greasy. The interior was clean; the dining area large and decorated festively in a Cajun theme. There is a large bar area with a stage located to the adjoining dining area that seemed to be set up to host bands.

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at Sha Sha's last night, and left "underwhelmed". We started with the crab stuffed jalapeños. They were obviously not a frozen product (everything seemed prepped from fresh ingredients). While they were intriguing, they lacked a ton of flavor.

For entrees, my wife had grilled shrimp which was delicious. I had a "stuffed" snapper which was again lacking in flavor, and swimming in butter. We both had gumbo as a side, and it was bland.

I must note, I do not typically like bread pudding. We ordered the bread pudding for dessert, and it was wonderful! It was the highlight of our visit, and I would return just for that reason.