“food was ok but i saw a couple of ants on the table”
Review of Sha Sha's of Creole - CLOSED

Sha Sha's of Creole
Reviewed 6 January 2014

whilst in lake Charles I visited the restaurant although the Waitress was great the restaurant was not all that great the food was prompt and hot but it was after I had finished my food and paid my bill I noticed a few ants running round my table this was what put me off coming back

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The first bad sign we noticed was that the restroom was dirty. Then we sat down to order food and asked if they could make a simple grilled chicken sandwich that they had on their lunch special menu, which was only available Monday-Friday. ;I understand that we were there on a Saturday, but a grilled chicken sandwich should not be that hard to make. The waitress said that we could not order it. So then we tried to order a baked potato with chicken topping. The chicken topping was listed on the menu for an extra $6. She told us we could not get that either because it was too close to the lunch special that wasn't available. WTF? We were willing to pay the extra $6 and the potato and chicken topping were both listed on the menu as regular everyday items. I still do not understand what is so hard about making a grilled chicken sandwich. Put the chicken on the grill and slap it on some bread with some lettuce and tomato. So then my husband went to the restroom again, and this time the toilet was clogged. He was so mad that he left the restaurant. I stayed because we were with a larger group. I ordered grilled snapper and it was chewy and tough to eat. I got gumbo as a side item and it was really salty. I could make better gumbo and grilled fish at home. The food was way overpriced for the quality. Then they charged my parents $100 too much for their meal. The money was already drafted out of the bank account before the mistake was realized and it will now take 3 days or so to get it back. It also took about 30 minutes for us to get our food. Granted, it was McNeese graduation day, but after all the other bad things that happened, it was just one more strike against them. The manager I spoke with did apologize and offer free dessert. She also made the chicken topped potato for us. However, by then it was too late. There are plenty of restaurants that will bend over backwards for their customers, and this is not one of them. Do not go here. Go to Pat's of Henderson's instead for quality food and service.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Visited or tried to visit Sha Sha's on Sunday and Tuesday evenings and this restaurant was shut on both occasions. OK I realise we may be 'out of season' but if they are going to shut why can't they have some sort of notice outside. there isn't even a timetable of opening times so newcomers or holidaymakers are just left totally in the dark. We had heard some great things about this restaurant and were so looking forward to our visit but unfortunately we were left with no other choice but to find other alternatives. I really don't want to give this reataurant only 1 mark but have no other choice. As for ratings for service, food, value, atmosphere, romance and special occasions.....well due to the fact we never managed to eat there then it's a big fat zero for all of them. Sorry Sha Sha's we really were looking forward to visiting you.

1  Thank IanWD
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Husband and I truly enjoyed the decor and the downtown location. PoBoy only had 4 shrimp on an 8" long french bread. Small gumbo is really very small for the price.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Don't be deceived by the cute storefront and interiors......Crab cake had no crab flavor, only pungent Lipton onion soup mix flavor... Cheesburger equivalent of Wendys......Gumbo was flavorless salty mush......Bread pudding biggest bummer, large soggy bread piled high with Reddi Whip. So gross, all of us had bad food.