Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$114
Hotels.comUS$114
TravelocityUS$114
IHGUS$114
Vio.comUS$114
PricelineUS$114
All reviews front desk night stay new orleans cleanliness linens
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2020

We stayed at this hotel the end of December 2019 as we were traveling. Once we opened the door to our room we were almost knocked down by a strong mold smell. The front desk was gracious and changed our room. The third floor was worse with the strongest mold smell. The front desk moved us to the second floor where the smell was not as strong but still there. We chose to stay anyway. We were not able to sleep at all and it gave us headaches.
The staff was personable and tried their best (and obviously aware of the mold smells) but what could they do except keep moving us from room to room. The breakfast was also good and the hotel is right off the interstate, yet far enough away to block the road noise. If they ever clean up the mold smells we would gladly stay there again.
You don't know this kind of thing from booking a hotel online unless someone makes a post like this. This is why we are writing this. So that others will know beforehand.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Charles, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Hello greatoutdoorsan,

Thank you for your stay at our Holiday Inn Express Lake Charles and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I want all your stays with us to be a delight. I know this requires our ability to assure a satisfactory stay for you. I am sorry to learn that the cleanliness level in the room received made you stay less than ideal and you had to transfer rooms. I am taking note of your feedback about the unusual smell in the rooms and shared your comments with the hotel management. I am confident that the necessary steps will be made, to make improvements. I am also sending you a private message to reach out further.

I hope we get the chance to serve you again and create a better experience for you in the future.

Warm thoughts,

Deborah R.

Reviewed 9 September 2019

The staff is very friendly and they try to keep old hotel clean. Our room was clean and bed was fine. Everything needs updating - tub was clean but very rusty and stopper broken. It's fenced in with one entrance and across from a cemetery and there's nothing to walk to for a quick bite, etc. I did use fitness center and everything worked ok in there.

Date of stay: September 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Charles, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2019

Hi NJ W,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay!

Good to know that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our facilities and the accommodating staff. I'm sorry for the letdowns with the in-room tub. Know that your comments are shared with our hotel team, and I'm positive that your comments will be considered for future hotel enhancements.

Looking forward to hosting you once more when you visit the area.

All the best,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 16 July 2019 via mobile

We were in town for a family reunion during the 4th of July weekend. We initially had a reservation at another hotel however at 9:30 pm the rooms still were not available for check in. We decide to give this place a shot as it was close to the family.

Upon arrival Ms. Elsie advised that they only had king suites but she did have rooms available. We told her that we would definitely take a king bed. I explained to Ms. Elsie what happened at the other location and she actually apologized for them (which I told her was appreciated but not necessary). Ms. Elsie then asked what floor would we like to be on. She advised that there were several little league baseball teams staying at the location and offered us a room in the corner so that we wouldn’t be disturbed. We were so happy that Ms. Elsie made the extra offer.

The place was great. Room was big, breakfast was ok and we enjoyed our stay. From now on when visiting Lake Charles we will definitely stay here again..

Keep up the good work and a special thank you to Ms. Elsie..

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2019

This hotel was selected based on reviews for a last minute trip. The next visit will probably have me staying somewhere else. The front desk was very friendly and check-in was quick, but overall, the hotel was not what I expected. The halls and elevator were dirty. The bed was good, but the bathroom really needed repairs. My sink was a slow drain/no drain (I held the stopper up because the plunger was broken). The tub's stopper was sitting on the tub's edge and there was rust at the overflow drain, the drain and along the slip-strips on the bottom. The others in my group reported rust and mold in their bathrooms. Not what I expected.

My biggest issue though was the door. The peephole did not have a cover, and there was a large gap between the floor and the bottom of the door. Visions of something snaking under there to release the door handle ran through my head all night. The other issue was that the door did not lock. I put on the hasp and slid the chair behind the door. It was highly ironic that they had a laminated safety flyer on the dresser, but the door was completely lacking.

Breakfast is the typical HIE fare, but it gave me a good start to the day. The lot was easily accessible, well lit and appeared to be well maintained. The location is in an area that hasn't seen the development of some of the other areas in Lake Charles, so be prepared to drive to restaurants and other services.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Charles, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2019

Hi Vanessa d,

Thank you for spending the night with us on this business trip.

Having a peaceful sleep after a long day is all that we want for our guests, but I'm sorry that this went otherwise because of the room door. I read that you felt uneasy because of the problems with the lock, the gap in between the door and the floor, and the peephole cover. I understand where you're coming from. I'm also concerned we fell short with the cleanliness and maintenance of the room. I can imagine how these affected your stay.

On a lighter note, I am glad you had a seamless experience checking in and that you enjoyed our comfortable beds. Our accommodating staff would be pleased to hear about your kind remarks on how you view their service. These points exemplify the standards that we aim to provide to all guests.

Be assured that I have shared your comments with the management. I know they appreciate your thoughts and I am confident they will take appropriate steps to address these issues.

We would love to once again host your next stop in the area.

Hope to see you soon,

Glaiza G.

Reviewed 18 April 2019 via mobile

These rooms are nice. The beds are just the way I like them. Just a bit on the firm side. Dianna at the front desk was amazing. I have always said, competent front desk help is the first thing a customer sees.
But, the tall security fence gave me claustrophobia. It did not make me feel safer. Quite the opposite.
Really nice breakfast room. But the selection wasn’t as nice as the utensils. We came back through Lake Charles the very next night and stayed at a different property.

Date of stay: April 2019