Lowest prices for your stay
US$129
View deal
PricelineUS$129
eDreamsUS$129
ZenHotels.comUS$137
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2020 via mobile

I was in Lake Charles visiting friends but I reserved a room to have my own private space. I chose Holiday Inn due to it's long reputation but was very displeased with my room. The room was literally dank even the towel felt damp. I was so uncomfortable I ended up leaving in the middle of the night to head home. The staff was great however.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Charles, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2020

Hi brandyl907,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback!

Our goal has always been to exceed our guest's expectations and deliver a seamless experience. I am sorry that you find our rooms uncomfortable and I'd like to ensure that we liaise this with the relevant teams.

I sent you a message to gather more information and hope you send us a reply soon.

Pleasure once again to be your host and as we enhance our services, we would love to continuously serve you in your future travel plans.

Best Regards,

Alice P

Reviewed 9 February 2020

My wife and I recently stayed here just for a quick getaway. The hotel was good enough. Parking was fine.

We checked in on a Sunday evening for two nights. There was were very few guests staying on Sunday night. I guess this is due to the fact they are not near the Casinos. Monday morning breakfast was good. Standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast. I do have to mention that the lady taking care of the breakfast area does a very good job. She was friendly and seemed to truly enjoy her work.

Since we were staying two nights we did not get out of our room early. We left the room about 9:30 AM do go sight seeing and shopping. When we got back to the hotel around 5 PM we found our room had not been serviced. We did not have the bed made, new bathroom supplies or towels. I went down to the front desk and asked for towels and other supplies since the room was not serviced. The clerk did apologize and offer the supplies plus a bottle of water. The clerk explained the cleaning staff left early that day. I told her we were out of the room by 9:30 AM and the cleaning staff was working across the hall from us when we left out. She replied that if we had a Do Not Disturb sign on our door they would skip the room. I asked why if they were still working, Why would they not check again? No answer for that. The clerk offered to have someone come by now and clean and service the room. I declined since we just got back to the room and wanted to relax a litlle. I took the towels and supplies myself and settled for that. The cleaning staff is looking for the easy way out. One less room to clean. This didn't ruin the stay but it leaves a bad feeling with you. If we had stayed a week and did not get out of the room until 9:30 AM would the room ever get cleaned before leaving? We shouldn't have to be out of the room by 8:00 AM to have the room serviced.

Otherwise, the hotel was a good stay. It was not near the Casinos but, we don't go to the Casinos. It is close enough to the sights and restaurants. Front desk clerks were professional. The breakfast area is taken care of by a lady that loves her job. Parking is fine and other areas are OK.

For the price it is an OK stay.

Room tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter since away from the highway
Date of stay: January 2020
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Charles, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Hello davidfW9546PB,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed breakfast and that you found our staff commendable. On the other hand, I am very sorry to learn that your room was not serviced. This is not the experience we want our guests to have. have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department and rest assured that your comments will be used to consider improvements where possible.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope you visit us again.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 19 January 2020

We stayed at this hotel the end of December 2019 as we were traveling. Once we opened the door to our room we were almost knocked down by a strong mold smell. The front desk was gracious and changed our room. The third floor was worse with the strongest mold smell. The front desk moved us to the second floor where the smell was not as strong but still there. We chose to stay anyway. We were not able to sleep at all and it gave us headaches.
The staff was personable and tried their best (and obviously aware of the mold smells) but what could they do except keep moving us from room to room. The breakfast was also good and the hotel is right off the interstate, yet far enough away to block the road noise. If they ever clean up the mold smells we would gladly stay there again.
You don't know this kind of thing from booking a hotel online unless someone makes a post like this. This is why we are writing this. So that others will know beforehand.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Charles, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Hello greatoutdoorsan,

Thank you for your stay at our Holiday Inn Express Lake Charles and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I want all your stays with us to be a delight. I know this requires our ability to assure a satisfactory stay for you. I am sorry to learn that the cleanliness level in the room received made you stay less than ideal and you had to transfer rooms. I am taking note of your feedback about the unusual smell in the rooms and shared your comments with the hotel management. I am confident that the necessary steps will be made, to make improvements. I am also sending you a private message to reach out further.

I hope we get the chance to serve you again and create a better experience for you in the future.

Warm thoughts,

Deborah R.

Reviewed 9 September 2019

The staff is very friendly and they try to keep old hotel clean. Our room was clean and bed was fine. Everything needs updating - tub was clean but very rusty and stopper broken. It's fenced in with one entrance and across from a cemetery and there's nothing to walk to for a quick bite, etc. I did use fitness center and everything worked ok in there.

Date of stay: September 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Charles, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2019

Hi NJ W,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay!

Good to know that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our facilities and the accommodating staff. I'm sorry for the letdowns with the in-room tub. Know that your comments are shared with our hotel team, and I'm positive that your comments will be considered for future hotel enhancements.

Looking forward to hosting you once more when you visit the area.

All the best,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 16 July 2019 via mobile

We were in town for a family reunion during the 4th of July weekend. We initially had a reservation at another hotel however at 9:30 pm the rooms still were not available for check in. We decide to give this place a shot as it was close to the family.

Upon arrival Ms. Elsie advised that they only had king suites but she did have rooms available. We told her that we would definitely take a king bed. I explained to Ms. Elsie what happened at the other location and she actually apologized for them (which I told her was appreciated but not necessary). Ms. Elsie then asked what floor would we like to be on. She advised that there were several little league baseball teams staying at the location and offered us a room in the corner so that we wouldn’t be disturbed. We were so happy that Ms. Elsie made the extra offer.

The place was great. Room was big, breakfast was ok and we enjoyed our stay. From now on when visiting Lake Charles we will definitely stay here again..

Keep up the good work and a special thank you to Ms. Elsie..

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple