“Great Lunch Spot”

Bistro Byronz
Ranked #9 of 173 Restaurants in Mandeville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Joined family members for a great lunch on a Saturday. Because our party was 6 or more we were able to make a reservation and it was really needed as this place is quite popular and Saturdays are crowded. I started with seafood gumbo and it was dark and rich. My entree was artichoke cakes - think crab cake style but with artichokes instead of crab meat - absolutely delicious. Service attentive but not intrusive.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Met my aunt here with my mom before the holidays.

It didn't start well...I called to ask if reservations were available and was told not for 3 people. That's fine, I can understand that...how busy is it at lunch? Should I get there early? The woman laughs at me and says she has no way of knowing what the crowd will be in an hour. Really? You don't know how busy your lunch times have been? Or, whether you have a bunch of large parties with reservations when I told you I was planning to come? If I could have changed plans, I would have.
But it got better. We were seated right away. And the food was good. I had the mushroom, onion, Swiss burger. It was excellent. My aunt has the shrimp salad, and she said it was good. Mom had the catfish and she said it was very good.
But, those chairs. And maybe it was just our table, but ugh. They're those little wooden ice cream shop looking shakes. If you're little, or not pregnant, I'm sure it's not an issue, but as a preggo mama, I was ready to go!

Service was fair. Our waiter disappeared a couple of times for longer than we would have liked, but it wasn't bad.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This place is very good. The have fantastic burger, sandwiches for kids and nice dishes for adults. We visit it regularly and I have never been disappointed. The French food is good and my wife always goes for it. I like their trout and the cassoulet.

Always has available parking.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Wife and I ate a couple of really nice lunch entrees—rainbow trout and redfish. Dunno why we waited so long to try this place. It’s great! Will definitely be back, maybe next time for dinner. Really nice bar, wonderful food, fast and friendly service. Excellent find.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here on many occasions and never had been disappointed. Tried the artichoke cakes (like crab cakes) and discovered another excellent dish. Seating was quick and service was very good.