“Legendary PO boys ”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

First ever tasting of the legendary PO boys! Wasn't really that keen but not we're they good! Really light and airy bread with great portions of filling! I loved the grilled butter shrimp special & also the fried shrimp loaded (lettuce/tomato) , we shared a 1/2 & a full between 2 and were stuffed to the brim ! There was also an order of the biggest onion rings I have ever seen , we had to have them to go as no room left to eat them!Plenty of choice in drinks (they even had cider so I was over the moon) Extremely friendly & helpful staff! Can't wait to try the catfish!

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I literally grew up eating this sandwich. I claim it to be the alpha and omega of fried shrimp poboys. Don't even think about bringing up some lame place in the quarter a thousand sweaty tourist wolf down Cycso style coconut butterfly shrimp. Radostas is the place I would if I had to eat at one restaurant to eat at for the rest of my life this would be it. The oysters, shrimp, and fish are the best in the city. The way they fry that delectable and buttery seafood I will never know and believe me I have tried for thirty years to duplicate it and I have never come close. If you have the opportunity to eat one sandwich, at one restaurant in the greater New Orleans area make it Radostas or you'll never forgive yourself.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I am an Orleanian living away from the city, now. When in New Orleans there are two places I pilgrimage to every time regardless of season. The first is Cafe du Monde (I'll write a seperate review). The second is Radosta's. I love this place. It is everything we all love about New Orleans. A neighborhood joint. You will see workers in line with the richest man in Louisiana standing in the same line. It has the two most important sandwiches, IMHO, for any self-respecting neighborhood restaurant: the shrimp poboy and the roast beef poboy. Both done right. Always a festive family feel, and the food is consistently good.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

This was my first time at Rodostas and I loved it! I had a roast beef po-boy that was just incredible. It was the "sliced roast beef" version as opposed to the "debris style" that I thought I was in love with. As an added bonus, the service was super friendly and the place was absolutely spotless-something not always seen in a neighborhood joint. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

This is a neighbor location with lots a character but a little out of the way. It is worth the diversion. Excellent place for a quick lunch. The PO-boy was very good.

Been to Radostas? Share your experiences!