“service good, food not so much”

Mama's Oyster House
Ranked #6 of 65 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently visited Mama's in Nachitoches. I ordered blackened catfish, my wife ordered a chicken salad sandwich. We both had soup (excellent). We waited 45 minutes for the food to arrive. Soup came and then her sandwich. No catfish. The waitress made some excuse about a large party next door. Finally my fish arrived. It was cold. I sent it back, only to discover that it was half raw. I changed my order to fried catfish. It came in about 5 minutes and it was soggy. There was no visit from the manager and no reduction for my inconvenience. Won't stop there again.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Had the raw oysters - were ok, blackened cat fish - very good. The service was excellent, very friendly.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Mama's Oyster House was recommended to us by our hotel. It has a great location on the riverfront, lots of atmosphere, and an extensive, tempting menu for Cajun food fans. Unfortunately, the food, though priced reasonably, didn't match our expectations. The blackened alligator appetizer was tasty, but the gumbo, served after
was lukewarm and over cooked. Three of us couldn't find a single shrimp in our portions. The shrimp po boy was good, but came with cold fries.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Today, September 27, 2017 I traveled to to Natchitoches and ventured out to explore. I visited a restaurant called Mama's Oyster House. Cory, the waitress, was very charming and mature far beyond her apparent youth. She knows customer service. I ordered an appetizer called pickle spears. They were so delicious, my tummy was pleasantly poked from the inside. Further, I ordered Cajun mashed potatoes and blackened chicken. This meal was so loud with flavor my taste buds went deaf. If you come to Natchitoches Louisiana, I hope you visit Mama's and is lucky enough to have Cory wait on you. Make sure to condition your taste buds for loud flavor, otherwise visit a local cottage cheese bar.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

My wife and I spent the weekend in Natchitoches and decided to eat at Mama's Oyster House. Mama's was within walking distance of our hotel and located on Front Street next to a variety of shops. We started with an appetizer of Fried Alligator Tails. Very hit and miss. The flavor was good, but most of the tails were very tough to chew. We decided to share their seafood platter. The platter came with gumbo which was very good. On the platter was a variety of seafood such as fried frog legs, crawfish, shrimp, oysters, catfish, stuff crab and hush puppies. Again hit and miss. The frog legs were very good. Most of the fried seafood had no taste. For dessert we had bread pudding with rum. Very good. So you can read from this review it was average. We really wanted to like this place because it has a great atmosphere, beer selection and location.