The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
US$84
Fairfield Inn
US$114
US$108
Sleep Inn & Suites Ruston(Ruston)(Great Value!)
US$75
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

US$66
Courtyard Ruston(Ruston)
US$84
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 October 2014

While visiting in Ruston, Louisiana, October 17-20, 2014, our family, my husband and I, made an "Eleventh Hour" decision to treat ourselves to a "Getaway" for a couple of nights at a local Bed and Breakfast I located online, www.The VictorianLewisHouse.com for
The Lewis House Victorian Bed and Breakfast, Tea Room and Gift Shoppe; 318-255-3848.
It is needless to say, we were overwhelmed by the charm of this quaint, historic, restored building and its evolution over the years into a Bed & Breakfast. This welcoming and friendly B&B was the perfect lodging choice, in the Home of The Famous Annual North Louisiana Peach Festival.

I am writing this communication as an endorsement of this quintessential spot for a brief GETAWAY. From the stresses of the hectic pace of daily life or merely to celebrate, as we did, "a memory", The Annual Grambling State University Homecoming Festivities! The Lewis Bed and Breakfast exceeded our expectations!!! We chosr this beautiful, relaxing setting in the countyside of the red clay dirt hills of North Louisiana to treat ourselves to a romantic getaway during the local, annual Grambling State University Homecoming Celebration, October 2014.

Located between Monroe and Shreveport, Louisiana and only ten minuutes from the Historic Black College (HBC)-Grambling State University, and five minutes away from Louisiana Tech University (LTU), is this cozy and uniquely secluded getaway with southern hospitality at its finest! Conveniently located, The Lewis House Bed & Breakfast is just a stone's throw away from the two reknown university campuses, where I am alumni of each respectively, minutes off of HWY 167 and I-20.

The property and building, which comprises The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast Tea Room and Gift Shoppe has a long, and distinguished place in the local history. Majestic old trees and historic architecture of the two-story home dominates the property creating a beautiful backdrop for visiting guests. As a handicapped guest, my husband had easy access to the fantastic array of incredible featured B&B amenities.

The romantic footed bath tubs, the wood burning fireplace and hardwood floors and decor, the soft, comfortable bed suite in our pin coded/locked room were just as "tasteful" as the rest of the Victorian house. It was lovely to sit on the outside swing on the wrap-around-porch surrounded by its outside furnishings and "inhale" the refreshing natural scenic view of "home."

The price was reasonably moderate, comparable to any hotel. The charm and personalized service surpassed any high end hotel chain we have visited. It met our every expectation. C.J. Browning, the innkeeper and staff did an amazing job of enthusiasticallyorienting us to the properties, personalizing our visit, making us feel "at home." Their gracious Southern Hospitality was warm, attentive, friendly, wholesome, as well as accommodating. Our needs had already; been met, even before we could make a request or inquiry.

This amazing lodging is as beautiful and as clean as it is peacful. For the lack of a better description, we were made to feel "at home!" With the daily fresh-brewed coffee or tea, juice, fresh fruit, freshly baked biscuits accompanied the scrumptuous, old-fashioned prepared breakfast. For early departures, a stocked refrigerated-bagged "Breakfast to go bags" was available. At night, or during early morning meditation,I curled up with a book provided by the facility's library on the bedside endtable. The private, fully equipped bathroom was equipped with available massage heads and equitable devices for "stress busting".

The property was available to me with an online reservation.This B&B is actually an ideal property as a memorable venue for a small private birthday, a retreat for New Year's, a reunion, a wedding, a honeymoon, an anniversary hideaway,, abook club discussion group, a convenient place for a professional development retreat/conference for churches or a school. Being an educator, employed by Little Rock School District, I give The Lewis House Bed and Breakfast an "A+" as an overall ranking. Rest assured, it's AMAZING!

We returned to our daily routine renewed, refreshed, and planning our next visit! All things considered, I would not hesitate to recommend this oasis to everone. The only thing missing was the evening romantic horse drawn carriages through the distinguished historic area with that special someone. I am writing to recommend, most strongly, The Victorian Lewis House Bed and Breakfast; 210 East Alabama Avenue; Ruston, Louisiana, 71270;

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BEVERLY H
Reviewed 11 September 2014

We have often stayed at the Lewis House Bed and Breakfast and each time has been outstanding.
From the ease of on line registration , presented in very understanding/room availability / layout of the room description to checkout is literally as 1,2,3. Should there be any questions the web site is available for questions or comments. And the owner C J will get back with you promply.
Christopher and J will do their best to accommodate and has been always successful with us.
From the beautiful décor, to the guest meal options, with special attention to the special food requests are met and delicious.
I always looking forward to the many items in the gift shop and although sometimes in a hurry I always manage to find a little treasure to buy or plan on buying our next trip.
On chechout I find that we are already looking forward.to our next stay. That to me means our expectations are always exceeded when we stay at the Lewis House.

Room Tip: We loved the Professors Suite on the first floor. It is beautiful and we are near the breakfast room and the smell of coffee and breakfast or to die for.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

What a wonderful place to stay!! Perfect in all aspects ~ from the refurbishing of this Lewis home back to its original historical grandeur Victorian style ... to the warm welcoming of Christopher and his awesome tea in the Tea Room to the smell of roasting coffee and hot breakfast in the morning on beautiful Rose China. But I think my favorite thing of all was starting my day off with coffee and the swing on the side porch and the smell of fresh rain all around me.

Room Tip: If you like the Historic towns and B&B along w/leisure of just taking it easy on a front porch swing... then this is the place to be.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Even though our expected arrival time changed three times due to road repairs on I-20, we were still warmly welcomed by Christopher. We were given brochures about Ruston, history of The Lewis House and suggested places to eat. Our room was the Majestic and was invitingly decorated. The bed was wonderful. CJ, the owner has restored the home in a lovely manner. Breakfast consisted of berries, eggs, toast and sausage, served along with juice and hot tea for us since we are not coffee drinkers. If you like old 114 year old Victorian Homes, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Our room was The Majestic. The room was dark, even with all lights on, I had to let more light in by opening the curtains. Then it was perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank readyandpacked
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed this experience. It was like going back in time and the owner and her son were so delightful and accommodating. My husband purchased the packages offered to make the occasion special and Wow!!! did they deliver!!!

Room Tip: The Majestic Room was beautiful!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple