“Great food!”

Ernest's Orleans Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ernest's Orleans Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 519 Restaurants in Shreveport
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: LA 1
Reviewed 20 February 2017

The food was very good here! I loved the mix of cajun and italian. Believe it or not, I got lasagna and it was delicious. We sat in the lounge area on a saturday night and they had live music, which was a plus. My only complaint was the service. Our waiter was very nice, but apparently our ticket got lost and it took FOREVER!!!! We got our appetizer after an hour, and it came out with my salad, which is kind of a pet peeve. Over all, it was delicious, it just took two and a half hours to get out of there because of the ticket. Would definitely eat there again though!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

First visit back to Ernest's in a couple of years and we were very disappointed. The food was average at best and service was same. We will not be returning. The prices are steep for what you get here . Ernest's used to be a nice place to eat in years passed but it isn't anymore.

1  Thank hillfence52
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is beautiful & the food is outstanding! The staff anticipate your needs & make sure everything is ready when you are. Very romantic!

Reviewed 23 January 2017

The lounge side of the restaurant has a nice comfortable feel to it. The live entertainment on a Saturday night was also very good. The staff was on top of things. They did show some animosity among themselves openly with the guest present. The bartender was not very nice to our waiter. Our waiter asked if the bartender had a particular beer and G, the bartenders response was, "Look in the cooler, its over there" It was very unprofessional. The turtle soup was good and the marinated crab claws were good also. Things quickly went down hill from there. It took over an hour to get our entrees. The waiter finally checked with the kitchen, they said another table had a big order ahead of us. Then he comes back a few moments later and asked what we ordered exactly. He forgot what we ordered and apparently had no notes. We were then informed they had no crawfish for our stuffed potatoes and insisted he was going to make some "special" potato which ended up being shredded cheese and sour cream mixed together like it was some fabulous treat of which it was not and the potato was cold. Our meals finally came out. We were brought asparagus which we didn't order and the waiter insisted we did and proceeded to say how much we were going to enjoy everything and how he was going to make it right time and time again while patting my friend and I on the back like we were some teenagers enjoying our first meal out. He forgot the side salads also. He brought my friend a "filet" which was clearly not a filet minion it was a sirloin and was not what was ordered. After waiting over 1.5 hours to get our meal, it was not worth arguing over. My meal was the special of the day, a "fresh" snapper in a champagne sauce, Basically brown gravy. The fish was so salty and tasted like it was thawed in a brine bath. The crab meat was also the same way, loaded with sodium well beyond what would be considered edible. The waiter noticed that I was not happy and tried to make it right. I explained what the problem was and he brought out another meal with sauce on the side, which wasn't the problem from the beginning and I had clearly stated it was the fish and crab. They are very good at using good service to try to smooth over their shortfalls but you can only hide so much. It was a bit weird how he kept patting us on the back whenever he came to the table telling us how much we were going to enjoy everything. I will not be going back to this restaurant. Looking back I regret even paying for the steak and apps but after what they put is through, we were better off cutting our losses and leaving. A few items are truly good don't get me wrong, although, on the whole, there are better places to eat in this category. Be prepared for excuses and varying levels of disappointment.

1  Thank troydz
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

We were there with the Commodore Club for the independence bowl game. They had a private dinner that was out of this world. The flaming gumbo was the some of the best I have had. Service was excellent.