All reviews extra points close to the airport free breakfast the breakfast area breakfast was excellent bed was comfortable front desk staff room was large nice stay hie interstate cici noise pillows furnishings texas truck
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel was clean and comfortable; breakfast was average; staff was friendly. On the down side, there is significant road construction surrounding this hotel, and the airplane noise was loud at times. The road construction is obviously not the hotels fault, but if I needed a room in Shreveport in the near future I'd look elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emdunlap2
Michauchard, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Thank you for staying and giving some feedback about your stay. Please come back and stay next time your in the area.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

We selected the unit because it had a laundry and was close to the expressway. When we drove up we would have cancelled the reservation once we saw it but the policy would have charged us anyway. The desk staff was lackadaisical and not forthcoming with information. The laundry area was filthy and the machines, especially the dryer, were almost out of service. No chair in the area to sit and wait. The room smelled musty and was poorly lit-was there something thy didn't want us to see? We had been on the road for over a week and had stayed in a Courtyard, Fairfield, and 2 Best Westerns so far on a 3 week trip. We will not be staying at another HI in the coming weeks. To say something nice--the lobby area was immense and clean.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the street side whatever you do. The road rumble from Louisiana's washer board roads creates a distinct disharmony
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dbw45140
Michauchard, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We understand and apologize for the inconvenience caused by the construction. We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests. We hope for the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

I picked this hotel due to my daughters going up there for a softball tournament, and it was on the same street as their hotel. First of all, it's by the airport and off the interstate, which depending on the time of day and placement of the room, you may hear some noise. Interstate Drive right now is being worked on so the street is one way, and each time we went to the hotel we had to deviate from what the GPS said to go a back way.

When I first arrived in the lobby I was not greeted as an IHG Gold Elite member, I was just asked to sign for my room and given my key cards. I had to prompt him to look at my rewards status before I was greeted. I then asked for the guaranteed upgrade I'm supposed to get, which would be from a normal king room to a king suite, well an hour later and three suites later, I finally found a room I was willing to sleep in.

Issues with rooms:
Spots and marks on the wall
Stains and pulls in carpet
Dust everywhere
Fingerprints all over the headboard of bed (don't want to think how they got there)
Light bulbs either missing from light fixtures or blown out and had not been replaced

Those were visual issues. Other issues after using the room was the bathroom sink only had a very, thin stream of water that would come from it. Tub needed Drano, since it was very slow draining while trying to take a shower.

Front desk guy was by himself so he did come replace the light bulbs and wrote down the room issues we told him. He offered to give me some extra points for our trouble, I haven't checked yet to see if they were there.

Bed was firm, and even though pets are allowed in this hotel, no issues with fleas, which happens sometimes when hotels allow pets. Even though had interstate noise at night, if you are really tired, that won't bother you. Sink and refrigerator in small kitchenette was nice. Request room 413, has very high ceilings and seems larger than the other suites.

My husband went down and brought us up a small sample from the Breakfast bar, just normal hotel continental breakfast, nothing over the top, but functional. I have to eat gluten free and he was able to find me something to eat.

I would not stay again, because I feel for the cost, they could do better to maintain the hotel then what they do. If you need to be in that area and for just a one night stay it's ok.

Room Tip: Room 413 King Suite has high ceilings and larger than other suites
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank nsj2016
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2016

Dear nsj2016,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed there and the hotel was decent but I would especially like to compliment Lance. He was very professional, courteous and helpful!!! His explanation of the way the train works helped us out a lot. Great staff can make all the difference!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

This review is for holiday inn express south on Millicent way. There were 2 listed on trip advisor with no distinction between them. We were at
Another name brand hotel and the room was so tiny we cancelled our second night and moved all of our luggage, walker , etc to car, loaded and moved and unloaded. We were in town for mom to have a hip replacement. My mom is on a walker and very difficult to move her around. Had to check out of first hotel by 11 so I had
No where for mom to stay until checkin. They specially cleaned our room first so I could get her in and comfortable as soon as possible. They had us in room by noon. They were so accommodating and it was welcome after our bad experience across the street. Room was huge and plenty of room to move around. I cannot say enough about the staff and comfort of our stay. Definitely will recommend this hotel. I was out and mom couldn't find channel on tv she liked so she called desk and sure
Enough they came to room and found it for her. They went out of their way to help us. We are very grateful.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Michauchard, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

hank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.