Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Can you fault a hotel purely on location? I think so.

This hotel is built next to a very active freeway. The highway noise is ridiculously loud. I always carry a couple of white noise apps just for this reason, but the highway was still louder than my white noise on full blast.. I was in Room 426, but I don't know if a room can be away from the highway? The design of the hotel looked like all of the rooms face the highway.

Any kind of noise assessment before construction would have told them to design the hotel to account for noise pollution.

Room Tip: Room 426 amplifies hwy noise
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Dear Aquariuz,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport West, LA!

I hope all is well. Thank you for contacting us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry to learn that you encountered inconveniences because of the soundproofing in your room. IHG sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with us and choosing our brand. I hope that we can host you again and win back your trust.

Best Regards,

Dhang R.
Case Manager
IHG Service

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

I came at the hotel around 11 PM. I wasn't expecting it to be quiet because it was a Saturday night. I didn't stay that long in the hotel, because the majority of the night I was at the casinos. The customer service was good. The smell of weed lingered from the elevator to the 4th floor( which I was on). The rooms were clean.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Michauchard, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Thank you for staying and providing some feedback. Please come back next time your in the area.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

I got in late and only stayed one night, but the stay was good.

The room, bathroom, and bed were clean.

I slept fine and had no problems.

This hotel is located close to the airport and interstate.

I'd stay again next time I'm in Shreveport.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 October 2016

After leaving New Orleans in the morning we developed mechanical problems with our rental car. But because of recent flooding there were no cars available along our route to Dallas so we had to get the Shreveport airport to exchange it for another vehicle. Thank goodness this hotel was close to the airport. We are spire members and usually (well almost always) stay at a holiday inn.
Love the consistent quality with no surprises.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Michauchard, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Thank you so much for providing some feedback. We try out best to make this a great hotel our guest love. Please come back next time your in the area.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

The hotel was clean and had an in room fridge and microwave. The staff was super friendly and made me feel comfortable and welcome. The bed was comfortable after a long drive from Kansas. And the hot breakfast was better than any hotel breakfast I have ever had. I recommend this hotel for anyone passing through, whether it be a short or long stay.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Michauchard, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Thank you so much for staying and taking the time to give some feedback. Please come back and stay next time your in town.