“DON'T DO IT!”

Cajun Inn
Cajun Inn
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Location: You don't want to go for a stroll here after dark - or in broad daylight, either. At three in the afternoon the main lobby was locked. The smaller after-hours lobby was open, but there was no one in attendance. An employee (owner?) finally showed up, having been alerted by the aggressive barking and snarling of a 40 pound dog in the main lobby who wanted to sink his teeth into some flesh - mine! My non-smoking room, sign on the door and everything, smelled like an ashtray. In fact, there was an ashtray on the table and a cigarette butt in the toilet. Pool was closed - not that I'd have gotten in it, anyway, by this time. Bathtub did not have a non-slip surface on the bottom - slick as wet ice. Slipped twice, caught myself. Third time was the charm - fell solidly on the side of the tub. Result: one broken (or severely bruised) rib. Breakfast was not available in the lobby, even though there were chairs and tables set up - no way would I have I risked it.
Bad experience all the way made worse by the people operating this waste of space.
Much better places to stay in Shreveport - Bossier City. Caddo Parish jail is probably one of them.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Walt B

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

Killed roaches all night carpet filthy sink smogged from toothpaste towels only for one person dead roaches in refrigerator persons under me complain about they live there an we was making too much noise called my room from her room then hung up in my face. We left had to shake out my bags to ensure we wasn't transporting roaches!!! Nasty disgusting bug problem. Don't stay here you pay 50 dollars a night in summer months and can't even get in the pool its been dry for years!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had an excellent stay here. For the price of the room you get more than what you pay for. Staff was very helpful. Awsome!!! This place is very business orientated. It was within 1/2 mile to Willis Knighton And LSU hospitals.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robin H
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The management is awsome. Rooms are clean and this is a very safe place, I was there with my kids. Rates are the best in the area. Its like a new hotel. They also have fridge and microwave in room. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank brandon s
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Do not go to this hotel!!!! I drove an hour out of my way just to buy the jacuzzi suite. When i got there. I could not find the Howard Johnson Hotel NO WHERE!! So I called the number and the man told me that the hotel has not been the Howard Johnson in 5 years!! It is called the Cajun Inn... It is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GHETTO!!! I wouldn't even feel comfortable leaving my car at this hotel over night. This is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT to show this nice hotel online, but when you get there its a MOTEL!! Just by looking at it, you would think they have roaches. But I didn't even go inside so I can't call that one! If i ever go back that way I will take a picture and upload it so EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple