“I'm not sure this is really a thing...”

Slidell Historic Antique District
Ranked #4 of 25 things to do in Slidell
Reviewed 17 November 2017

There's a bunch of shops near each other in walkable Olde Town, and many of the shops sell what I suppose you'd have to call antiques. And handmade jewelry. And art or...folk-art. And the buildings are kinda old looking I suppose. But does that make this an "Historic Antique District?" I've walked the area many times but have never once felt the urge to buy anything or even to stop and look at any of it. If you're a tourist, I wouldn't exactly consider this an "attraction" or even something that could pass for one. Heritage Park is nearby.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I enjoyed an afternoon of shopping in this area. Went to 5 shops and saw many different kinds of antiques & collectibles in a wide variety of price ranges. I especially liked the friendly owners. Found items that were priced in my range versus where I am from...so I left a bit of money in Slidell :)

Bought some awesome (in the true def of the word) hand-crocheted lace as well as depression & elegant glass. I saw many different items in metal, wood, china, tools, furniture, toys, dolls, tableware, flatware, lighting, & on & on. A lot to see!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

This part of Slidell is a little Historic location that has some wonderful shops for antiques. So there is something for everyone. When they have their local Antique fair it's a wonderful time for family and friends between all the vendors, food and live music bands.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

For those interested in "antiqing", this is a fun place to pass an afternoon. Don't miss the Slidell museum. Upstairs they have a wonderful collection of Mardi Gras costumes and memorabilia.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

This is a quaint little area in Slidell but Check 1st to make sure they are open. We went on a Sunday on our way to Biloxi Miss & all but 1 store were closed. I was disappointed but the store that was open was very nice. It has a lot of places and is easy walking.