“Speedy, tasty, and lovely local decor”
Review of Vera's Restaurant

Vera's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 244 Restaurants in Slidell
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Good food that always arrives quickly. I love their butterflied shrimp and baked potato. The staff is nice, friendly, and professional. When I'm craving seafood, we go to Vera's. It's close to our house and we know it's gonna be tasty. I would give it a 5 star, but I was slightly disappointed when I realized Blackened simply means seasoning not grill marks.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Having lived in Slidell a number of years ago out taste buds were graving an authentic Po Boy. We inquired of a few locals and were referred to Vera's as the best. We whole heartedly agree. The restaurant is pleasantly decorated and the staff is warm and friendly. The Po Boy was especially good.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Food is poorly made. They try to price it like it is fine dining, trust me it is NOT. Since they moved locations, they are not great at all like they used to be. WAY, WAY, OVERPRICED and we did not care for the food

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I group of five, myself and four friends, elected on eating at Vera's after receiving a very favorable recommendation from our hotel staff. We were all pleased with our meal selections and the friendly, attentive staff. I had the shrimp cocktail and blackened butterflied shrimp platter, both were delicious.
My only disappointment, and sole reason I didn't give Vera's five stars, is because of the absence of boiled shrimp on their menu. This was our first night in the area and I was eagerly anticipating having boiled shrimp and was saddened not to find it on the Menu.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Really disappointed in the amount of food on my plate, more french fries then anything. The seafood did not taste fresh. The gumbo was good but not the best I have ever tasted. Waited to get frill refills and then another wait for bill.

Been to Vera's Restaurant? Share your experiences!