“Finally reviewing this place after many years”
Review of Pho House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pho House
Ranked #85 of 245 Restaurants in Slidell
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This place is easy to forget about since it is tucked away in a strip mall on the I-12 service road one mile east of the traffic light at Exit 83. One does not just stumble upon this place, but must go looking for it. Once there, you will be glad that you have found it.

I have been eating here for years and have never had a problem. The food is always good. The place is always clean. The service is always with a smile. The TV's are kept at low volume. The prices are always low. What more can one want?

The menu is extensive Vietnamese, but I always stick with the vermicelli bowls, usually with the bite size Vietnamese egg rolls. The pork and beef are also great additions to these bowls. Exotic tropical smoothies such as jackfruit and lychee are also available. I also like to add the tapioca pearls which turns them into "bubble teas".

Reviewed 19 October 2016

I don't like to give negative reviews. As a former chef, it pains me to call small restaurants to task, but in this case, I must.

Three of us came for lunch. Our drink orders were taken promptly (two Vietnamese coffees and a lychee smoothie. Lunch consisted of two vermicelli bowls and a pork banh mi. After 20 minutes the food came but still no drinks. When we asked about them we were told they hadn't be made yet. It took another 11 minutes (now 31 in all from the time or order) for the coffee to arrive. In another 10 minutes the smoothie arrived. We were told the helper was late but that doesn't excuse such tardiness when only one table was occupied at the time of our arrival.

As for the food, both the coffees and smoothie had an off flavor. My companions told me their vermicelli bowls were good but my banh mi was a different story. The pork was tasteless and the sandwich dry. I asked for more mayo but neither that nor soy sauce or sriracha improved it.

With the other favorable reviews, I think they warrant a try as perhaps they were having an off day--we all have those. But I must report on my experience today. Would I try them again; yes, I would---everyone deserves a second chance.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I've always heard good things about the Pho House but just couldn't get myself excited about "noodles". Well as they say, don't judge a book by its cover! Pho House does not disappoint when it comes to clean crisp flavors. Each offering is well prepared and portion sizes won't leave you hungry, but you might want more. The menu is limited but what they offer hits the mark. And yes, they serve more than just "Noodles".

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent and fresh. All is served with a smile! Eating out the healthy way. I never feel guilty after eating here. Best grilled shrimp spring rolls around

Reviewed 11 May 2016

My kids and I love this place!!! Grilled shrimp Spring rolls are the best around. This is the first place they say they want to eat when asked.

Been to Pho House? Share your experiences!