“Low Carb Heaven”

Koi's Asian Cuisine
Ranked #42 of 245 Restaurants in Slidell
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Place to go when you're on a low carb diet. Everyone at Koi's treats you like family. Phil will deconstruct any roll you want, no rice no paper. Try the seafood salad with seaweed instead of lettuce. You will be back

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We love everything about Koi's!

We had:

Supa Dupa Crunchy Roll
Spartan Roll
Philly Roll
Dynamite Crunchy Roll

All were delish!!!

Server was new, but tried her best to accommodate us.

We've been there before, we'll be there again!!!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

It is hard to believe that I have been eating here about once a week for the past two years or more (I had to refer to my initial review here). The Specialty Rolls are what keep me coming back, along with the very friendly staff and good reggae music that is always played. When I see unadventurous diners ordering the standard Chinese fare, it breaks my heart to see them not willing to try one of these Specialty Rolls.

The online menu has now been updated and is MUCH easier to read. The menu in the restaurant also matches the online version. The Specialty Rolls number about three dozen and are divided into Raw, Seared, Baked, and Fried. The wrapping paper is shown as seaweed or soy. The three rice paper rolls are not part of the Specialty Rolls. Each roll then shows what is inside, followed by what is on top, and then with the sauces shown in red. I have my own list of eight favorites to choose from and have tried many of the others. Each one is entirely different and any taste preference is bound to be met. I strongly urge the first time diner here to carefully read through the list of these rolls for ingredients. If you happen to pick one that is not to your liking on your first visit, you may never come back. If you get lucky like me and pick the right one, you could become a weekly diner like me. My favorite is the Caribbean Way Roll because I do not like the ones that are extremely hot like the Besh, Dynasty, or Diablo. The creativity of the sushi chef never ceases to amaze me. They also add a few new ones every now and then. They don't need a gimmick like some other places use.

By the way, I have never had a problem in all of my visits and the food is always perfect. Service is always fast and courteous, but the baked rolls take a bit longer and are worth the wait.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Food can be customized to your liking, rolls can be cut small, baked, seared, or deep fried. Chefs are very helpful.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

2nd visit, its good, its good food and massive portions so thats lunch for tomorrow. Our server Olivia was great, rushed off her feet but still very attentive