Lowest prices for your stay
US$100
US$100
Agoda.com
US$85
PricelineUS$100
Hotels.comUS$100
Lol.travelUS$118
All reviews lake charles cracker barrel front desk great stay room was clean biscuits place to stay free breakfast above average next morning bagels bw pillows exit internet cleanliness freeway
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2022

Check-in was fast, the lady at the front desk was friendly, and our room was very clean. In the morning, the was plenty of hot water for showers. Also, the hotel was only 10 minutes away from Golden Nugget casino in Lake Charles.

Date of stay: February 2022
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tracy French, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2022

Thanks so much for reviewing your stay with us! We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your trip, and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 January 2022

Friendly staff, clean hotel rooms and common areas, good location right off the freeway, secluded parking lot, right beside Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Better to stay here than in Lake Charles or at one of the casinos.

Date of stay: January 2022
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tracy French, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2022

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2021 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from July thru October. The rooms need to be updated. There is mold issues. The lady that does breakfast is the rudest most unprofessional, unpleasant person I've ever dealt with. The young black man is amazing and the older lady that both work the front desk. The rooms are way over priced for the issues. Moved to a suite. 1st one the tub was somehow leaking and causing the ceiling to get damaged below and they kept coming into our room without permission so then my husband had them move him to another suite which was also moldy. The sprinkler was dripping water in the hall by our room with mold all around it also. Bathrooms have mold all around the bar in the bathroom. I even bought bleach cleaner and cleaned every room myself. Parking is a nightmare. My door handle was damaged by a big work truck. They will park on top of your car so u can't even get in.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Tracy French, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2021

Ms. Bosarge,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize again for not exceeding your expectations. I certainly understand the frustration of having to move rooms so that the water leak in your room could be properly repaired; I hope that the bonus Best Western Rewards points that were issued to your account helped to compensate for this inconvenience. Please be assured that we are investigating the other issues you've reported in your review, as we were not made aware of these problems during your stay.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Tracy French

Reviewed 7 September 2021

Long review but work the read....look at the end for tips on staying here.

If you are looking for a long term, or a short term, stay in a hotel in the Sulphur/Lake Charles area and wanted to be treated more like family than just a guest the Best Wester Plus on Exit 23 is the answer to prayers. Complete with friendly staff, free breakfast, super clean rooms and lobby, free washer/dryer available, great pool (not big but just enough to get wet) and plenty of parking. Did I mention in walking distance to Cracker Barrel and Waffle House <3

I had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel for several months, though it is not a long-term stay hotel, my job required for me to be gone months at a time therefore having spacious rooms and free washer/dryer available was a perk. But the staff is what made it feel like home.

First Impressions: The front desk is guaranteed to welcome you with a huge smile and call you by name. If during the night you will likely be greeted by Ms. Renee who is has never been caught with a frown...she's always smiling. You may also see Ms. Ava whose bubbly personality makes you feel like you've been friends for years. During the day you might have the pleasure of speaking with Ms. Norma, whose kind soul will want you to cuddle up with coffee and talk about life, Mr. Taylor who always goes out of his way for guests or Ms. Jackie who is eager to greet everyone with a smile. Each of these are superstars !

Cleaning Crew: The ladies who clean have hearts of gold. I stayed in this hotel for months and never once had a problem. We put out trash out in the hallways and dirty towels, by the time you get back from work/day excursions, you had a clean trash can and fresh towels. Jenny was always the best, as a manager she lead her team with heart and attention to detail. Emily, Kristy and Angela always greeted everyone with kindness and if there was an issue, they were right on top of it. They helped to make the time staying in a hotel more like hanging out with friends/family than guest. They work hard and it shows.

No hotel can run efficiently with out a rock star of a hotel manager Ms. Tracey and maintenance guru Mr. Heath. Both, again, treats guests like family and are quick to respond to any concerns/questions you may have. Attention to detail at the highest level of professionalism is what you will receive from them.

TIP: Did you know you can rent out items to make your stay more fun ? YES YOU CAN !! Really :) Uno Cards, Poker Sets and even Grilling Sets so you can use the grills out back.

If I could give this hotel more than 5 stars I would. I look forward to my next visit at the Best Western Plus in Sulphur. Thank you.

Date of stay: August 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2021

We stayed in the junior suite as we evacuated for Hurricane Ida. I expected the WiFi to be better at a more business oriented hotel and also $199 a night. Do not come here if you are expecting to conduct business while in your room. $240 for a room and the WiFi is not usable. Staff does not care. They stated I can use the public PC in the lobby. I sat in my car to use my hot spot as a resolution. Room floors are thin and extremely loud when someone is walking above you. This will be the last time I stay at a Best Western.

Room tip: Poor WiFi. Unable to use for work at all.
Date of stay: August 2021
Tracy French, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2021

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations. We always strive to provide our guests with a pleasant, memorable experience and a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. It is clear that we were unable to achieve our goal with your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We are currently investigating the WiFi issues within the hotel, with plans to correct this as soon as possible.